Wow it's Hot

Old Jul 1st 2014, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow it's Hot

Originally Posted by jamesmc
just waiting for the mossies to hatch out after the rain and flooding ....not going to be good!
We went for a walk along the river near us (Fraser) and the gf got destroyed by mosquitoes. Their bites seem to be worse this year (or perhaps I just cannot remember last year?).
Old Jul 1st 2014, 8:22 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
Just hit 40C here in northern NS. I'm melting
Yes here too, they've just issued a "Weather Warning" for NB for the next 36 hours here it's going to be high 30-40C.

It certainly does seem to be a game of two halves....I've been here just shy of two years and I had one quite wonderful autumn/fall but the rest of it has been bloody ghastly.

I've been trying to paint the deck....I'm not meant to do it in full sun, or humidity, or during certain temperatures and I need to know that it won't rain for 24 hours....I don't think there is a deck treatment that CAN be used in NB?
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

They claim its supposed to be warm today, but as of 2pm despite online saying its 30, my thermometer is only showing 75 degrees F which appears to be 23.8 C and it certainly doesn't feel 30 to me, so I thinks they are wrong, nice breeze as well.

I thought I was gonna get to use my air conditioner today...lol
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They claim its supposed to be warm today, but as of 2pm despite online saying its 30, my thermometer is only showing 75 degrees F which appears to be 23.8 C and it certainly doesn't feel 30 to me, so I thinks they are wrong, nice breeze as well.

I thought I was gonna get to use my air conditioner today...lol
Who are 'they'? haha

It was stupid hot in the Valley yesterday. Car was telling us it was 34C outside in the afternoon.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My sister told me it was 35 in Oliver yesterday.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:25 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If people had to deal with Canadian-style weather and bugs in the UK, it'd be empty.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
Who are 'they'? haha

It was stupid hot in the Valley yesterday. Car was telling us it was 34C outside in the afternoon.
Whoever it is that guesses the weather and posts it on the weather websites, no clue who they are, never met them...lol

It appears to have gotten to 28 yesterday according to the car, but didn't feel that warm, nice cool breeze most of the day.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:41 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My sister told me it was 35 in Oliver yesterday.
Tell your sister that Oliver has Hypothermia.

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whoever it is that guesses the weather and posts it on the weather websites, no clue who they are, never met them...lol

It appears to have gotten to 28 yesterday according to the car, but didn't feel that warm, nice cool breeze most of the day.
Some of the weather sites are crap for the Lower Mainland as when you look at where their weather station is, it's at YVR. Not too helpful for people who are further inland or on the other side of mountains etc. haha

It definitely felt like 30+ yesterday here. Was almost unpleasant.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:34 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful in Vangroovy today - OH in Kelowna - Stinky hot! Am heading to Toronto in Aug - not looking forward to the humidity and smell !
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Some of the weather sites are crap for the Lower Mainland as when you look at where their weather station is, it's at YVR. Not too helpful for people who are further inland or on the other side of mountains etc. haha

I believe it, spent several summers in Abby and Chilliwack and the differences out there comfort wise can be crazy.

I am pretty sure if Squamish wasn't right on Howe Sound it would be a lot warmer and less comfortable.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

You're not the only one - I've noticed too over the past few days - the weather man says it'll be 30+ but in reality it doesn't feel like that it feels cooler with a nice-but-sometimes-chilly breeze.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 4:24 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

There are weather reporting stations across the country, there is one at YXX, one at YYJ, YXS, YLW, YKA + others.

32.8c at our place yesterday at 1600. RH 53%
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:37 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey that is hot (40C in NS) wasn't it just a few weeks ago that you lot were all moaning about the snow. At least one thing is consistent.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 12:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Crikey that is hot (40C in NS) wasn't it just a few weeks ago that you lot were all moaning about the snow. At least one thing is consistent.
And the forecast for this weekend is Hurricane Arthur; they get all the neat weather there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.