Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wow better check your driving licence.

Wow better check your driving licence.

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow better check your driving licence.

I'm with Former Lancastrian on this. Very likely this driver failed the attitude test. There have been occasions when I have been pulled over for minor moving traffic offences here in Canada. Only on one occasion was I ticketed. Those other occasions I got away with a warning, in the main due to my attitude towards the officer. Common sense really but in my experience (retired police officer UK) some drivers just can't help themselves, common sense not that common. Should such decisions by officers be dependant on such? Probably not, but that's the way it is.....Most drivers have the common sense to appreciate that reality and act accordingly. I most certainly do!
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow better check your driving licence.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Its not the actual account of what happened
If you have a copper who uses common sense and a driver who shuts his gob and listens then in most cases nice things happen.
If you suggest that the officer has no mother and father and should be doing other things then in most cases nasty things will happen.

And yes I was an ex copper.
I agree, my brother in law is a cop in the UK, and my sister works on the civilian side of the police and the front desk, i think once you have heard stories from the cops side too with what they have to deal with, then you sort of get the full picture.

For example in this case say the cop had just had to deal with an incident involving one of life's lower elements who had spat at him just for being a cop, now hes only human, so is not really going to be in the mood for more attitude and lip from the next person when all he did was point out that it was an offence to have a damaged driving licence and it needs to be addressed, there is nothing in that statement to provoke attitude.....so if they do, they may as well be saying please give me a ticket officer. Many people only see half the story, hence the attitude.