Would you?

Old Nov 27th 2016, 11:46 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you?

There actually help available...but you have to access it...and nobody will guide you or hold your hand.

If you sit there constantly bemoaning you're plight you can complain as for as long as you like...do something! I like you Jsmith I always have, but...you don't seem to understand that there are quite a number of us on here who aren't having the life that we thought we might have...numbers of us on here are struggling....you aren't on your own...but...please recognize that whilst we wish you every success we are struggling too!
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
There actually help available...but you have to access it...and nobody will guide you or hold your hand.

If you sit there constantly bemoaning you're plight you can complain as for as long as you like...do something! I like you Jsmith I always have, but...you don't seem to understand that there are quite a number of us on here who aren't having the life that we thought we might have...numbers of us on here are struggling....you aren't on your own...but...please recognize that whilst we wish you every success we are struggling too!
I have been trying to see DBT since 2012, there is simply little to no resources and help for borderline disorder, this is a well known issue in BC.

I am aware others have issues, that does not mean my issues are no less important.

I have gone to the ER and sent home within an hour to be told to get therapy.

My GP has no idea how to help.

Psychiatrists tell me to seek DBT and long term therapy.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 28th 2016 at 1:28 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ok folks.

I think we are getting a little off track now & going over old ground with each other. It's unhelpful to everyone , not least to jsmth321 who likely felt rubbish anyway coming back from a holiday to the same old same old with the onset of winter and Christmas approaching.

Here is a little wisdom I know. When one has too much time on one's hands it can get spent on things not very productive or even enjoyable really. It plays havoc with the sense of well-being & it allows for overthinking & worrying. Condenses the mood and emotion.

Let's try and look at what there is rather than what there is not.

My wish for you mate is that you and your wife try living in the USA - if she agrees of course - you train & become a phlebotomist .She trains through work, perhaps in the care sector.

As for MH and treatment. If there is none where you are in your opinion then there is not much to lose by moving on.

Good luck with tomorrow jsmth321.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ok folks.

I think we are getting a little off track now & going over old ground with each other. It's unhelpful to everyone , not least to jsmth321 who likely felt rubbish anyway coming back from a holiday to the same old same old with the onset of winter and Christmas approaching.

Here is a little wisdom I know. When one has too much time on one's hands it can get spent on things not very productive or even enjoyable really. It plays havoc with the sense of well-being & it allows for overthinking & worrying. Condenses the mood and emotion.

My wish for you mate is that you and your wife try living in the USA - if she agrees of course - you train & become a phlebotomist .She trains through work, perhaps in the care sector.

As for MH and treatment. If there is none where you are in your opinion then there is not much to lose by moving on.

Good luck with the appointment today, JS.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok folks.

I agree with you on too much time free. I do what I can to stay busy, and granted it's easier in the summer with the nicer day's and ability to go outside more on longer walks etc. Winter is a bit more difficult due to the rain, mud, and far shorter days. Seems to be dark almost as soon as the day starts.

I do what I can to stay busy, but this town isn't not exactly a place that has a lot to do to begin with.

The US is still a possibility as a medium term goal, for obvious reasons namely immigration it's not something that can be done overnight or quickly, but it's still in consideration for sure.

We have nothing to lose by moving from this city, and we are actively looking around to see if there are any medium sized city's that have 1) rentals available and not in a housing crises 2) Don't have sky high rents.

That has been the tricky parts as even places like Kelowna and Kamloops seem to have high rents, and low vacancy.

Kelowna would be an ideal choice due to a college there offering a program I would like to take, and my wife has a few programs she would like, however doesn't seem to be affordable rentals, 900+ seems the going rate these days from online searches, but I will say we have not yet been able to make a trip there so we haven't checked locally, just craigslist, kijiji and some real estate offices who do rentals.

BC has just become a very difficult place to be a renter. But we haven't ruled these places out, just not at a point where we have decided one way or another.

Ideally Vancouver would be the best place to live, followed by Victoria as most of the mental health services in BC are in those 2 city's, however both have high rents, and we just don't see either being a realistic option due to cost of housing.

And Christmas is indeed a bad time for me, it's just not the same without family around.

end of the year though for me if the worst part of the year, as I don't have high hopes the new year will bring much positive change.

I have been playing phone tag with mental health intake nurse for the last week, so hopefully one day soon we will actually be able to speak, she has called back, but I was in other appointments when she did, and I have called back each time, but just voice mail, but hopefully soon.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 29th 2016 at 7:56 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

How did you get on with the job/work-related interview today?

Are there any volunteer ops locally?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Shirtback

Oo. you beat me to it.
Was just wishing to ask the same thing.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shirtback

Oo. you beat me to it.
Was just wishing to ask the same thing.
Most likely, I will have to look into it, as I can't think of any of the top of my head, so will need to look around.

Meeting was rescheduled for Friday for the job place. No biggie, Friday works better anyhow in the end.

Did finally talk to mental health, they need to do a phone screen again (3rd time this year.) so can't access anything until then, that is scheduled for next month right before Christmas, so I venture Jan-Feb earliest before I get to see a human, but then we may have moved to a new community and I may need to start over. So will wait and see what happens there.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Most likely, I will have to look into it, as I can't think of any of the top of my head, so will need to look around.

Meeting was rescheduled for Friday for the job place. No biggie, Friday works better anyhow in the end.

Did finally talk to mental health, they need to do a phone screen again (3rd time this year.) so can't access anything until then, that is scheduled for next month right before Christmas, so I venture Jan-Feb earliest before I get to see a human, but then we may have moved to a new community and I may need to start over. So will wait and see what happens there.
Aaaaand huge snip because, again, I got it wrong! Sorry!

Volunteering though is a great way to meet and connect with people, do some good and potentially lead to a job. There's a few for dog lovers too!

that your phone screen goes as hoped.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 29th 2016 at 11:59 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:44 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
There are tons and tons of volunteer opportunities in Squamish - I'd contact a few and see if you can help out somewhere.. it's a great opportunity to connect with people and also do some good (and could potentially lead to work). Edited to add, hope I've got the right area this time, lol.

that your phone screen goes as hoped.
And in Chilliwack??!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
And in Chilliwack??!
Oh damn, I did it again!!

Sorry...

And in Chilliwack!!

Here's quite a good list http://www.canadian-universities.net...hilliwack.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 29th 2016 at 11:56 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:59 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Oh damn, I did it again!!

Sorry...

And in Chilliwack!!

Here's quite a good list Volunteer in Chilliwack, British Columbia

Clearly it is "Gin-O'clock" down in SW Ont
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you revisit the idea of dog walking?
Plenty of people will pay good money for someone reliable and caring to walk their dog whilst they work
The exercise would be great for your mental health and as would working with dogs. Dogs are known to improve mental health and you are obviously a dog lover.

Having just written a cheque for our dog lady, it made me think of you.
We give her $18.50 /hr because she is reliable, caring and Stinky's mate! Stinky can barely walk now, so his walks are very short but I still pay the hour. Other dog walkers were a similar rate when we were looking previously. Great money for doing something which would make you feel better!!!

Talk to About Community Futures | Community Futures British Columbia about help with any "training"/ set up costs. A letter from your GP may help- I do them all the time to these people and have had good success getting help from them. It basically needs to says you can't do your previous job due to ill health but retraining will be beneficial.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
Why don't you revisit the idea of dog walking?
Plenty of people will pay good money for someone reliable and caring to walk their dog whilst they work
The exercise would be great for your mental health and as would working with dogs. Dogs are known to improve mental health and you are obviously a dog lover.

Having just written a cheque for our dog lady, it made me think of you.
We give her $18.50 /hr because she is reliable, caring and Stinky's mate! Stinky can barely walk now, so his walks are very short but I still pay the hour. Other dog walkers were a similar rate when we were looking previously. Great money for doing something which would make you feel better!!!

Talk to About Community Futures | Community Futures British Columbia about help with any "training"/ set up costs. A letter from your GP may help- I do them all the time to these people and have had good success getting help from them. It basically needs to says you can't do your previous job due to ill health but retraining will be beneficial.
I participated in a similar scheme in Ontario (Ontario Self Employment Scheme - Bizsmartz) where I got paid to attend classes for a month (and earned a Diploma) - was taught all about business start ups, business plans etc., and then was paid the equivalent of unemployment benefit for a further 8 months whilst I worked on the business. It's a great scheme and sadly has now ended in Ontario. I thoroughly recommend it.

With so many people having to work long hours, dog walking could be an ideal 'start up' business!

Old Dec 19th 2016, 4:38 am
Account Closed

I have the intake appointment in the morning. It was delayed due to being ill a couple weeks ago, didn't think it wise to go in with a fever and all around sick.

My wife has been going to the office a bit, they did help her with gas to get to an interview as well as some new clothes for a part-time job she got.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.