Would you?

Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you?

Longest I ever had was about 70 miles and all but 2 miles on each end being on an interstate highway.

Which is about the same as the one I am thinking of however gas back then was 1.20 per gallon vs 1.10 per liter so the gas price now is quite a bit more.

Took an hour.

Gas back then was cheap though. Was around 2002 year wise and in the US.

Longest in Canada was 40 miles or so to Whistler. Pretty commute but stressful as the highway sucks in winter.

The rest were all 2 to 20 miles on average.

Originally Posted by caretaker
I had a 45 mile commute once from a small town, all highway, one big valley and a few curves, boring and hard to like. I had another that was 38 miles, 2 grid roads, a secondary highway, 8 miles down the valley to a main highway and the city. Hit it when traffic is high in town and it could still mean an hour to get to work, but it was a scenic drive and not as tiring as the other one.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 13th 2016 at 10:14 am.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 12:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well if that's two interviews you had recently that sounds like an improvement on previously.

A few weeks back you were doing something with your résumé. Did you actually produce a new version and getting the interviews came after the change?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well if that's two interviews you had recently that sounds like an improvement on previously.

A few weeks back you were doing something with your résumé. Did you actually produce a new version and getting the interviews came after the change?
A poster on here nicely helped me create a new resume. (I wont post their name as I don't know if they would want me to.) and since then I have not applied to many jobs, but I have gotten an interview at 50% of the places I have applied to.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 7:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
since then I have not applied to many jobs, but I have gotten an interview at 50% of the places I have applied to.

Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to hear that you are getting interviews. That's half the battle.
Job seeking can be soul destroying at times. Try not to take anything personally
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Certainly an improvement. I don't think I could have created an effective resume, so I am appreciative of the person who helped me, could not have done with without the help.

Now just have to find the way to a job that maybe pays 20/hr....

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'm glad to hear that you are getting interviews. That's half the battle.
Job seeking can be soul destroying at times. Try not to take anything personally

I try not to, easier said then done though. I tend to take everything very personal, but I do my best not to let it bug me.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:21 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly an improvement. I don't think I could have created an effective resume, so I am appreciative of the person who helped me, could not have done with without the help.

Now just have to find the way to a job that maybe pays 20/hr....

I try not to, easier said then done though. I tend to take everything very personal, but I do my best not to let it bug me.
What work are you looking for? You still at the east end of the valley?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Aviator
What work are you looking for? You still at the east end of the valley?
Something part time 20-25 hours/week would be the ideal.

Yep still at the end of the valley.....
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

A poster on here nicely helped me create a new resume. (I wont post their name as I don't know if they would want me to.) and since then I have not applied to many jobs, but I have gotten an interview at 50% of the places I have applied to.
BE folks are very helpful aren't they? If anyone else has a need to amend their resume can they PM you for the helpers details?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:39 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Something part time 20-25 hours/week would be the ideal.

Yep still at the end of the valley.....
Have you tried looking at GT Hiring Solutions, they have a book of open jobs. They also have some job seeker courses that are no charge to some.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:13 pm

I would add to my last post, GT Hiring Solutions have employment councillors that can assist in resume prep for a psecific job, they have offices candidates can use, loads of resources. Definitely worth a visit.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

I would add to my last post, GT Hiring Solutions have employment councillors that can assist in resume prep for a psecific job, they have offices candidates can use, loads of resources. Definitely worth a visit.
Have you tried looking at GT Hiring Solutions, they have a book of open jobs. They also have some job seeker courses that are no charge to some.
I am going to stop into their office this week and inquire with them.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

Having spent some time looking around at available rentals closer into the city and going rents, we have decided it's best not to do the commute since there doesn't appear to be a very good chance at something rental wise opening up in our price affordability range and the commute is just too far to do on a daily basis for so little pay and the car would wear out faster, etc.

Plus with me being gone for 12+ hours per day with the car, my wife would be stuck and making her appointments would be difficult/impossible without a car, so its just not feasible either. She can't be without a car everyday of the week nearly.

I only considered it due to the job type, for any other job, I would not have even considered it.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 16th 2016 at 6:03 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 8:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If I was you I'd be fishing the dayights out of the river. Ask around and find some access where you can fish and I'll bring you some tackle next year. People come from all over the world to catch the salmon there.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

We went today. The case workers were all busy, but they said someone will call with an appointment next week, we signed up and filled out all the paperwork though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.