Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

wot no orange squash!!

wot no orange squash!!

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

yellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant future
Default wot no orange squash!!

Can anyone Please tell us what the Canadians give their children to drink as it appears that you can't buy orange cordial. Something to do with its ingredients! We don't want to give them fizzy stuff or fruit shoots that are full of sugar when we get over there.

Thought about bringing some over but when it run's out then what?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wot no orange squash!!

How about milk?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

If you look in the freezer section there are cans of squished fruit that you add water to, then you make up a jug of really nice juice. I miss Robinson's squash, but my kids are in tiny school classes, so that helps

The cans are about a dollar usually, and they sell Ribena here for about $7 in Walmart, (or at least that was the last time I looked)

Hope that helps

Ms M x
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:39 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Try blackcurrant/pomegranate cocktail or any grape or cranberry juice - lots of juice variety here so I'm sure you'll find something they like.

Originally Posted by yellowbelly
Can anyone Please tell us what the Canadians give their children to drink as it appears that you can't buy orange cordial. Something to do with its ingredients! We don't want to give them fizzy stuff or fruit shoots that are full of sugar when we get over there.

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:39 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Be a special Mum and make your own:-

http://melissagoodsell.typepad.com/d...e-cordial.html
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

lmao I regularly moan about this too and I'm 26!

I did find Ribena though...costs a bomb but it's worth it
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:43 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

My local Safeway sells orange and lemon squash.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:44 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Safeway sell orange and lemon squash (Cant remember the name of it, sorry) that you make up, but its $4.99 a bottle and my kids are not that impressed, but maybe thats cos I dilute it to much In my safeway its in the same isle as the non alcoholic beer and the mixers.
The stuff you get in the freezer section is very good my kids love it especially when it is hot out, The strange powdered stuff thats available is of colours that stain and I am sure Illegal in the UK...lol.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:45 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R I C H
My local Safeway sells orange and lemon squash.
Originally Posted by Littletashy
Safeway sell orange and lemon squash (Cant remember the name of it, sorry) that you make up, but its $4.99 a bottle and my kids are not that impressed, but maybe thats cos I dilute it to much In my safeway its in the same isle as the non alcoholic beer and the mixers.
The stuff you get in the freezer section is very good my kids love it especially when it is hot out, The strange powdered stuff thats available is of colours that stain and I am sure Illegal in the UK...lol.

Granthams and it's in with the drink mixers.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:47 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucieg
lmao I regularly moan about this too and I'm 26!

I did find Ribena though...costs a bomb but it's worth it
I thought I saw Ribena at Costco not 100% sure.

If it's there it should be a little cheaper than the regular grocery stores.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:51 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P

The costco near Ikea dont seem to sell it anymore, but they do sell a different dilutable blackcurrent squash.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P

I can get it in my local loblaws and I think for those near downtown Toronto you can get it for an even better price in chinatown.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

yellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies. We'll sit the young ones down and have a tasting session.

I remember when I was younger my mum used to buy an orange powder mix called APEAL it was nice can't seem to buy it anymore
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:54 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

COOL AID and (Frozen) FRUIT PUNCH

The reason for north american fridge sizes

At least with Cool Aid you control how much sugar is in it, and with Fruit punch it actually contains some fruit juice content.

My own kids drink mostly watered down fruit juice...apple, grape, peach, blueberry etc.

I make a lemon squash in the summer...works well with Vodka too

Last edited by iaink; Feb 23rd 2009 at 8:58 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reporting all you lot to the Milk Marketing Board

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.