Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Worst Xmas ever..............?

Worst Xmas ever..............?

Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Xmas ever..............?

Originally Posted by ann m
I just YouTube'd that. I didn't need that visual.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S3hRuT6p31o

Try this one for a laugh. No really - stick with it.
Some gems here

http://talk.guardian.co.uk/[email protected]@.776174ba/0

and not just Celine Dion and that fat woman in glasses murdering AC/DC.

Mika and Avril Lavigne are especially awful.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:05 am
Just Joined

dannic is an unknown quantity at this point

It was the 22nd December 2007, call me a lazy bitch but my husband was due to pick up our ready made Christmas day meal from good ole marks and spencers. Trouble is he died in his hotel room after his Christmas party, I can tell you now it really spoilt Christmas for me and our boys, how selfish.... No joking now. That was the worst Christmas me and my boys faced.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:39 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Some gems here

http://talk.guardian.co.uk/[email protected]@.776174ba/0

and not just Celine Dion and that fat woman in glasses murdering AC/DC.

Mika and Avril Lavigne are especially awful.
OMG did you just diss my main man !!!!!!! actually it was a pretty poor cover!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:48 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannic
It was the 22nd December 2007, call me a lazy bitch but my husband was due to pick up our ready made Christmas day meal from good ole marks and spencers. Trouble is he died in his hotel room after his Christmas party, I can tell you now it really spoilt Christmas for me and our boys, how selfish.... No joking now. That was the worst Christmas me and my boys faced.
Are you serious??
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Are you serious??
I wondered that - call me a heartless bitch but i'm thinking probably not

Last edited by mandymoochops; Nov 28th 2010 at 6:18 am. Reason: getting really pissed off with sticky keys not yping letters (there see done it again) and making my spelling bad ;)
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

dannic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I wondered that - call me a heartless bitch but i'm thinking probably not
I know I sounded flippant, but it's true.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Christmas 1991 was pretty eventful for me, trying to get home from London on Christmas eve in the snow took me from 4pm until 6am the following day. The trains from Liverpool street were delayed for hours until they were eventually cancelled.

Eventually took a tube to Loughton, the police very kindly took me as far as Epping where I waited until an Officer went off Duty at 5 and took me home to Harlow.

The trip usually took about 2 hours dor to door!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

I got 2 bad christmas's
first one-The year my mom died....I had just divorced my husband...and was unemployed
My son spent christmas with his dad, my family had been invited out by friends, and I sat home alone on christmas day with no one and no meal...cried my eyes out all day
AND my first christmas in UK, husband was on 6am-4pm shift, my son was in Canada, my brother had just died, and NONE of my inlaws called or step kids called or invited me over knowing I was alone.........so again there I sat totally alone.....and crying until the evening when I had made dinner for hub and I....AND both my grandmothers died on christmas day, so we have that to remember as well.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:53 am
Account Closed

BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankfully no deaths but in 1992 OH, (an airline pilot) got called out at 10am on Christmas morning just as I had the turkey in the oven. He was away for 4 days and I spent the whole time alone at home, no local family to call on. He didn't even get time to open his presents. It was a pretty miserable few days with just a turkey and big pile of spuds for company.

Looking back at it now I'd say what's the big deal but at the time I was devastated that our Christmas had been ruined.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:29 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago in the Canaries. One by one we all got the vomiting bug, culminating with buckets on laps on New Years Eve.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

could well be this xmas, I've just been given 4 weeks working notice of redundancy, to start on 23rd Dec due to stat holidays, with no severance. Divorce is being finalised as we speak, looks like a crappy holiday this year!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure this will be my worst Christmas to date.

My Fiance passed away 4 months ago, and things aren't too good with his family.

I am dreading spending the day without him. My first Christmas in 5 years without him, it's going to be pretty hard.

My Canadian family have invited me to spend Christmas with them but I am still unsure what to do!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:07 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Was due to be my first ever Christmas in my own home, with parental types flying in for the UK. Spent months baking Christmas Cakes, buying in food and getting the place ready.

The day before they were due to leave, my Aunt died. So, no plans for Christmas, as they naturally were unable to come.

Spent Christmas day at home watching the Pirates of the Caribbean waiting for the day to end.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:47 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980

I am dreading spending the day without him. My first Christmas in 5 years without him, it's going to be pretty hard.

My Canadian family have invited me to spend Christmas with them but I am still unsure what to do!
I would go to your Canadian family, they have invited you as your are in their minds and you will probaby have a nicer time there. Its goign to be tough. I spent yesterday eve with a good friend, her hubby for 18 years died in March 09 and she cancelled Christmas last year and went to California, as far away as she could get. This year shes home and I was helping her decorate her house last night, she was finding it very hard.
I think you need to choose the best for you, whatevers emotionally easier for you even if its just by a smidging.
x
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:11 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by act1980

I think whatever you choose to do will be hard, go with your gut instinct but make sure you laugh as much as you cry x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.