Words fail me!

Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:12 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Words fail me!

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Whats wrestling got to do with this thread?
In Canada we wrestle the bears for fun, then kill them, for fun, and then the whole family gathers round for a piccie
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well we can be thankful that Canada is getting some Pandas on loan from China. The 2 panda bears will be on display at the Calgary & Toronto zoos for the next 10 years.
I wonder when bear hunting season opens up in Alberta
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:21 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Well we can be thankful that Canada is getting some Pandas on loan from China. The 2 panda bears will be on display at the Calgary & Toronto zoos for the next 10 years.
I wonder when bear hunting season opens up in Alberta
The Calgary zoo will no doubt have killed them before the 10 year period elapses - they usually kill something or other............
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Define "soon"

Personally I dont fancy their long term (100+ year) chances outside of zoos.
That is a moot point. Dinosaurs no longer roam the Earth. Isn't the received wisdom that 99.9% of the animals that have stood on the Earth are now extinct - survival of the fittest and all that.

I don't shoot animals; I have no axe to grind. I have never seen a sperm whale, I have never seen a blue whale, I have never seen a polar bear or a giraffe in the wild. Is my life going to change if I see/never see one? I very much doubt it.

Do I care if people legally shoot animals? No. Do I care if people legally smoke? No. Do I care if people engage in dangerous sports that may kill them? No.

Should I feel bad because I don't care? No. Will some people on this board believe I am uncaring or unkind or barbaric because of what I have said here? ...
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:22 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would like to know where you get that from. Those marksmen must be the best in the world. To be able to wait until the client has shot, shoot and still ensure the clean kill of an animal that is moving after having just been shot.

Are they Robin Hood?
They are very skilled marksmen but it isn't as if they have to coincide with something they do not know is going to happen.
They are there to advise the client when best to take their shot, so in effect they shoot the beast together on the marksman's advice. The animal goes down and the kill is credited to the client.

A lot of recreational hunters on these trips couldn't even hit a moving animal AT ALL, let alone ensure a death shot.
It is in the interests of the safari company that paying guests achieve the trophy kill they came for and this is how they do it.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

That is a moot point. Dinosaurs no longer roam the Earth. Isn't the received wisdom that 99.9% of the animals that have stood on the Earth are now extinct - survival of the fittest and all that.

I don't shoot animals; I have no axe to grind. I have never seen a sperm whale, I have never seen a blue whale, I have never seen a polar bear or a giraffe in the wild. Is my life going to change if I see/never see one? I very much doubt it.

Do I care if people legally shoot animals? No. Do I care if people legally smoke? No. Do I care if people engage in dangerous sports that may kill them? No.

Should I feel bad because I don't care? No. Will some people on this board believe I am uncaring or unkind or barbaric because of what I have said here? ...

No. Just uninterested but still liking to take an interest to talk about what you have no interest in anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:25 pm

HHHHmmmm now lets think......Oh! you don't care?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No they will just think that because you are a lawyer
Sorry couldnt resist that one
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
No. Just uninterested but still liking to take an interest to talk about what you have no interest in anyway.
Have you ever seen a giraffe/polar bear in the wild? Would you ever do so if they were plentiful and not about to become extinct (their imminent extinction may persuade you to do so which is why I wished to discount that)?

No they will just think that because you are a lawyer
Sorry couldnt resist that one
and that post looks as if you have a split personality
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

No they will just think that because you are a lawyer Sorry couldnt resist that one

Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Will some people on this board believe I am uncaring or unkind or barbaric because of what I have said here? ...
Only the bits about being a lawyer

My concern is not for the poor polar bear per se, but I am concerned because their plight is an early indicator of the real and lasting consequences of global climate change.

My real concern is for the conequences for my offsprings offspring if human influenced global warming continues unchecked, leading to incresed global political unrest over food and water access, but thats a whole different friday afternoon thread I suspect...
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you ever seen a giraffe/polar bear in the wild? Would you ever do so if they were plentiful and not about to become extinct (their imminent extinction may persuade you to do so which is why I wished to discount that)?

I haven't seen either but I would very much like to. And yes, I would still like to see them if they were plentiful.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by helcat12
They are very skilled marksmen but it isn't as if they have to coincide with something they do not know is going to happen.
They are there to advise the client when best to take their shot, so in effect they shoot the beast together on the marksman's advice. The animal goes down and the kill is credited to the client.
I used to be a very skilled marksman. I may be now, but I haven't shot anything in over a decade. To suggest that anyone could shoot sufficiently proximate to another's shot so that the other would believe his/her shot had been the kill shot is nonsense. Unless, of course, the client was extremely stupid; which of course, is perfectly possible.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can we try to convince hunters that we have found something better to shoot than animals for sport?

The new species is the CHAV or Pikey and they are plentiful in numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.