Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why you have to read the other forums

Why you have to read the other forums

Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Why you have to read the other forums

For those interested in seeing what Tableland gets up to when he isn't in the Canada forums slagging off Canada, and saying how fantastic Australia is - just have a look in 'take it outside'. I've only got to page 8 of this, but it is already kicking off big style

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408001

He starts on post #23.

Warning: If you are ginger and easily offended please don't go there
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

marcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond reputemarcandclare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why you have to read the other forums

Originally Posted by Tuppence
For those interested in seeing what Tableland gets up to when he isn't in the Canada forums slagging off Canada, and saying how fantastic Australia is - just have a look in 'take it outside'. I've only got to page 8 of this, but it is already kicking off big style

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408001

He starts on post #23.

Warning: If you are ginger and easily offended please don't go there
Hi Tuppence, I only just started to look at the other forums yesterday, and i came accross gingerism!!!! my oh my what a thread :scared:
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I pi$$ed off one of my stepson's mates a few weeks back by asking him if there was any Irish or Scottish blood in his family. He was vehement that he was of pure French stock.

Really kiddo? Green eyes, a pale complexion and flaming red hair are typical French traits, are they?

Not many people know that about 40% of French Canadians have some Irish blood. Nor do they know that by the late 19th century Quebec had the largest Irish-born population in North America.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I pi$$ed off one of my stepson's mates a few weeks back by asking him if there was any Irish or Scottish blood in his family. He was vehement that he was of pure French stock.

Really kiddo? Green eyes, a pale complexion and flaming red hair are typical French traits, are they?

Not many people know that about 40% of French Canadians have some Irish blood. Nor do they know that by the late 19th century Quebec had the largest Irish-born population in North America.
FYI the French gauls, and Welsh, Irish and Scotish kelts all have a lot in common, so its possible he was what he said he was. But gven the choice of admitting to French, Welsh or Scottish ancestry...Id go with scottish every time!!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:20 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

That thread is hilarious!
Poor old Tableland he's a bit touchy isn't he? Best part is that he's going to Australia, I'm sure the ozzies won't take the piss out of him :scared:
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:43 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Id go with scottish every time!!!
As a direct descendant of the Lairds of Atholl, so would I.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny in places, only got as far as page 12 not even halfway through yet, will have to continue later.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:30 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir

And just to add on to that... not many people know that was due to the fact that the French foothold in Canada was largely Catholic Missionary based... the Catholic orphans of Ireland and of Irish parents were placed into French Catholic Orphanages run by the missionaries in Quebec and were raised/taught to speak French.

Just thought I'd share a little of my High School History lessons in Canada with you all *lol*
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked out the thread link. It seems to be calming down now but I nearly PMSL when I saw that Professional Princess had called Tableland, "Tablelegs or whatever he's called?"
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:54 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my! Only on page 4 and it's got a bit umm... 'tense' is that the word?

I had never heard of this "ginger" joke thing before I moved to the UK... It's considered a rare assett to have been born with red hair and fair skin, look how many women (me included) who are NOT natural red heads go out and dye their hair auburn or deep red... My partner informed me that there are different "types" of red heads, the ones that are the butt of the jokes ar the orangey red and usually curly haired red heads... one of my best mates in high school fits that bill to a tee.But she was also a major tom boy and would have kicked anyones ass that made funof her being a 'ginge'... most of the teasing she endured was about her curly hair and the fact that she looked/dressed like a boy.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:16 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

I've got long, curly red hair. The only thing I remember from my childhood is going to the local market with my mum, where old ladies who would come up to me and go "Ooohh, hasn't she got luvverly hair? Oooohh, look at that, Doris, isn't it luvverly...?"

*ruffles my head like I'm a dog*

Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:25 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tidge
I've got long, curly red hair. The only thing I remember from my childhood is going to the local market with my mum, where old ladies who would come up to me and go "Ooohh, hasn't she got luvverly hair? Oooohh, look at that, Doris, isn't it luvverly...?"

*ruffles my head like I'm a dog*

Ginger git.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:07 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Ginger git.
Maybe I'm tired but I fail to see the funny side.

... will try again in the morning.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:43 am
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by windward
Maybe I'm tired but I fail to see the funny side.

... will try again in the morning.
Heheh, you get used to it.

It's jealousy, you know - have you seen the amount of red hair colouring products for sale?

At least I haven't paid for my hair colour - mind you, if I had, I'd sue.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daedra
Oh my! Only on page 4 and it's got a bit umm... 'tense' is that the word?

I had never heard of this "ginger" joke thing before I moved to the UK... It's considered a rare assett to have been born with red hair and fair skin, look how many women (me included) who are NOT natural red heads go out and dye their hair auburn or deep red... My partner informed me that there are different "types" of red heads, the ones that are the butt of the jokes ar the orangey red and usually curly haired red heads... one of my best mates in high school fits that bill to a tee.But she was also a major tom boy and would have kicked anyones ass that made funof her being a 'ginge'... most of the teasing she endured was about her curly hair and the fact that she looked/dressed like a boy.

Diamonds Are Forever

James Bond: Weren't you a blonde when I came in?
Tiffany Case: Could be.
James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette.
Tiffany Case: Which do you prefer?
James Bond: Well, as long as the collar and cuffs match...