Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why regulars get frustrated at some newbies. (or - Google is your friend)

Why regulars get frustrated at some newbies. (or - Google is your friend)

Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why regulars get frustrated at some newbies. (or - Google is your friend)

Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the universe. The second worst is that of Azgoths Of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a small lump of green putty I found in my armpit one midsummer morning" four of his audience died of internal hommerhageing and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council barely survived by knawing his leg off. The poet also wrote "My favorite bathtime gurgles". The very worst poetry perished along with it's creator Nancy Milestone Jennings in the destruction of planet Earth. On no account let a vogon read poetry to you. But i will do it to you!! If you double cross me.

Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why regulars get frustrated at some newbies. (or - Google is your friend)

Originally Posted by bobbiel
Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the universe. The second worst is that of Azgoths Of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a small lump of green putty I found in my armpit one midsummer morning" four of his audience died of internal hommerhageing and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council barely survived by knawing his leg off. The poet also wrote "My favorite bathtime gurgles". The very worst poetry perished along with it's creator Nancy Milestone Jennings in the destruction of planet Earth. On no account let a vogon read poetry to you. But i will do it to you!! If you double cross me.

WOW I love Vogon poerty...more..more
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

See, see the obtuse sky
Marvel at its big derogatory green depths.
Tell me, grotos do you
Wonder why the sloth ignores you?
Why its foobly stare
makes you feel bespeckeled.
I can tell you, it is
Worried by your bandersnash facial growth
That looks like
An onion.
What's more, it knows
Your erute potting shed
Smells of squashed locust.
Everything under the big obtuse sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?
You only charm marmite.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

See, see the obtuse sky
Tell me, grotos do you
Why its foobly stare
I can tell you, it is
That looks like
An onion.
What's more, it knows
Your erute potting shed
You only charm marmite.

Love marmite huum, cant get enough
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

haha
Yes I'm amazed also that this is still going, but I think the Vogan poetry may well sound the death knoll.
You want to bet?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I just let my mother know bits and pieces from this thread. She is in stitches and can't believe we carried on like this on an immigration forum. Thank god she has a sense of humor.

So, what happened to the poetry?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

adirolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Why regulars get frustrated at some newbies. (or - Google is your friend)

Originally Posted by YYZlover
If you only knew how many certain toys I have at my disposal thanks to one of my clients who designed one.

Completely useless. They won't mow the lawn or push around the snow blower and all those things a man is supposed to do.
I'm sure you have appliances that can mow your lawn, or at least the bikini line
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by adirolf
I'm sure you have appliances that can mow your lawn, or at least the bikini line
I'm half spanish. I need a bloody good hedge trimmer.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Used to date an Italian girl who had a better mustache than me.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:10 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

See, see the obtuse sky
Tell me, grotos do you
Why its foobly stare
I can tell you, it is
That looks like
An onion.
What's more, it knows
Your erute potting shed
You only charm marmite.
You need to get out more - or was your mother a child of the 60's
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bless you Lorna, I was a child of the sixties
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:34 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you Lorna, I was a child of the sixties
you look so much younger
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:06 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.
Age is relative - my mother is 80 next month and she can still do the Express crossword and tell me off ok and I'm a 51 year old grandmother
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I can't believe I just let my mother know bits and pieces from this thread. She is in stitches and can't believe we carried on like this on an immigration forum. Thank god she has a sense of humor.

So, what happened to the poetry?
what did you expect? a bunch of roses. na tend to get thorns in the wrong places.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.