Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who's a premium member?

Wikiposts

Who's a premium member?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:04 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's a premium member?

And how has it improved your life
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:14 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's a premium member?

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
I am - no noticable improvement so far
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:27 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
I am, it's given me a bigger picture and no ads
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
I am, it's given me a bigger picture and no ads
When are you off to NS ?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Southcote
When are you off to NS ?
Great question I would love to know the answer to, Well I'm still having hassle getting paperwork from my past employers. I am applying for NSNP but need to get all my PR paperwork in at the same time. it's not going smoothly is all I can say.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

I enjoy being just a member
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:05 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Great question I would love to know the answer to, Well I'm still having hassle getting paperwork from my past employers. I am applying for NSNP but need to get all my PR paperwork in at the same time. it's not going smoothly is all I can say.
why do you need paperwork from past employers? I don't recall having to submit anything other than a CV and job offer letter from future employer (in NS). I thought getting references etc from previous employers was just for skilled worker route?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:56 am

Well I got a letter from my lawyer he gave me two checklists and one of them had this on it.

Work experience

For you and your spouse or common-law partner:

· C.V.s or resumes
· Pay slips and bank statements showing your salary deposits for 3 months (please highlight to identify salary deposit)
· Organizational chart with your position highlighted
· notarized signed employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French
translation

· Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.

Letters must include all of the following information:
· the specific period of your employment with the company
· the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
· your main responsibilities in each position
· your total annual salary plus benefits
· the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
· a business card of the person signing

If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation

If you or your spouse or common-law partner has previously worked in Canada please provide supporting evidence

I should add though I am applying for NSNP and then at the same time applying for PR, now this might/or may not make any difference.

Now I'm all confused.

Last edited by or4ngecrush; Aug 8th 2007 at 6:58 am.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:34 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you some PMs about this as I'm sure your lawyer has got it wrong

Well I got a letter from my lawyer he gave me two checklists and one of them had this on it.

Work experience

· C.V.s or resumes
· Pay slips and bank statements showing your salary deposits for 3 months (please highlight to identify salary deposit)
· notarized signed employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French
translation

· Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.

· the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
· the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company

If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation

If you or your spouse or common-law partner has previously worked in Canada please provide supporting evidence

I should add though I am applying for NSNP and then at the same time applying for PR, now this might/or may not make any difference.

Now I'm all confused.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Work experience

· C.V.s or resumes
translation

Now I'm all confused.
Hello,

Not sure if that does or doesnt make any difference for you but ;
Thats exactly what we had to provide for our PR/SW application - i struggled with one of my employers so wrote a covering note explaining this, along with the copy of the letter i sent to the employer, and i had made sure i sent all the letters to my employers recorded delivery and put in a copy of the slips and signed for dates from the internet. It takes AGES doesnt it?

It'll all be worth it in the end....

Good luck

Tina
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:46 am

omg I din't fo it like that I just sent them off in a standard letter, to be hoest it's only the council that are holding me up. Typical
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

omg I din't fo it like that I just sent them off in a standard letter, to be hoest it's only the council that are holding me up. Typical
I'm sure they'll let you know if they need more

- oh, just remembered the other thing too - we got a report from ( i think) Inland revenue listing all our tax employers etc ( sorry. it was 2 years ago now and i can't fully remember all the ins and outs!) it listed the companies, addresses, dates and PAYE etc. It was probably one of these requests for all the info they hold on you/ Data Protection/Subject Access thingies!. If the council can't come up with anything and they do need more maybe that would be a good option for you just in case?

Hope it works out okay
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Just realised we are on a totally wrong thread here !!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by TinaH
Yes I know oops

I did have a similar thread here and I will reply to your comment on this thread instead.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:23 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TinaH

You may as well carry on now!!!!