Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who's going where at Christmas?

Who's going where at Christmas?

Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going where at Christmas?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Ah but one could argue that as the poster lives in Dryden they could drive the extra hour to Thunder Bay and then fly to YYZ and then onto the UK.
If I was a betting man I would say that they chose that route as it was the cheapest.
I wouldn't go through Toronto if the other choice was Minneapolis. Minneapolis is quite a nice airport.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 7:54 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Having departed Canada, living in England, and temporarily residing in rural France.

I shall be getting drunk and raising a toast to my recently deceased Mother. Who will no doubt be passing comments from her nearby urn. I shall cook lunch for my Father and think about the crappiest year in my life.

Anyone want to join me? Bah humbug

Rock on 2012 when I will be back in England, and failing a certain Mayan forecast planning a better year.

Does that get me the prize for the most depressing post... Lol
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clematis
Having departed Canada, living in England, and temporarily residing in rural France.

I shall be getting drunk and raising a toast to my recently deceased Mother. Who will no doubt be passing comments from her nearby urn. I shall cook lunch for my Father and think about the crappiest year in my life.

Anyone want to join me? Bah humbug

Rock on 2012 when I will be back in England, and failing a certain Mayan forecast planning a better year.

Does that get me the prize for the most depressing post... Lol
Yes ya miserable bugger now cheer up and stop wallowing in it

2012 had better not be the bloody end, cos don't forget we're going on hols on 2013 - if thats not something to look forward to then I don't kow what is
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Wife and I will be spending Christmas in Ottawa a tradition started in 1963. Did spend one misserable Christmas in Portugal in 1992.
Only one close relative in the UK and he's 87.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Staying home in New Brunswick.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dryden - in the bit of Ontario that everyone forgets about.
rob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Ah but one could argue that as the poster lives in Dryden they could drive the extra hour to Thunder Bay and then fly to YYZ and then onto the UK.
If I was a betting man I would say that they chose that route as it was the cheapest.
Price played a part - along with flight times, length of drive and also wanting to try out a different route.
We've previously done Dryden to Winnipeg to Toronto to Heathrow and the total time of that trip was about 22hrs with layovers etc. Getting a decent connection at a sensible price seems to be a black art.
It's one of the prices we pay for living where we do.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:35 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith
Wife and I will be spending Christmas in Ottawa a tradition started in 1963. Did spend one misserable Christmas in Portugal in 1992.
Only one close relative in the UK and he's 87.
Probably not a white Christmas. I'm glad I didn't hire a snow contractor.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I see the posters on BE are doing their bit for the environment
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:57 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Yes ya miserable bugger now cheer up and stop wallowing in it

2012 had better not be the bloody end, cos don't forget we're going on hols on 2013 - if thats not something to look forward to then I don't kow what is
Ok
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:41 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Flying home tomorrow..whoo hoo will be spending 3 weeks in Exeter and London.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

staying right here in my appartment
Attached Thumbnails Who's going where at Christmas?-foto0053.jpg  

Last edited by woodworm; Dec 19th 2011 at 2:45 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:46 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
staying right here in my appartment
Well that's not Nova Scotia for sure
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:47 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Flying home tomorrow..whoo hoo will be spending 3 weeks in Exeter and London.
Hope you don't get snowed in in Devon like we did this time last year. It was so bad we thought we'd never actually make it to Heathrow

In fact there was more snow there than we currently have in Airdrie, lol
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Well that's not Nova Scotia for sure
you guessed that correctly, ... I needed a break from NS ... it's in France but where I am now is even more remote than the village in NS I usually live and I didn't think that could be possible
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

We will mostly be staying at home. I'll be wrangling the two-and-three-quarter year old whilst the Mrs gets increasingly impatient for the arrival of Small AX #2 somewhere in the middle of next month. She'll be eating for two. I'll be drinking for two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.