Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Out of a department of 30, I think there are 9 of us going in this morning. I mentally checked out last Tuesday.

Am hoping we will be "let go" by about 11.30am/12pm as I have too much to do at home, and sitting in the office pusing bits of paper around is not my idea of a fun afternoon this week.

Starting at about 7pm tonight, I intend to embark on three days of wilful negligence and aim to eat and drink far too much gorgeous stuff.

Thereafter will follow the obligatory wailing and nashing of teeth as I attempt to pull on my jeans next week, followed by a month-long moaning session of "god, will you lot just finish those chocolates already".

I don't make new year resolutions, but if I did, it would definitely have to be "lose 20lb in 6 weeks" - because we head back to the UK in Feb and I am shallow enough to know that I need to look fabulous for friends that I have not seen for two and a half years.

Now, apparently, I don't have to eat and drink all that is put in front of me. What's that all about - I don't get it.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas - and to those working today, or indeed over the festive weekend, may I offer you a large "cheers" and a purple Quality Street caramel in compensation.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Thank you as those are my favourite.
I start my 5 day rotation today so I will be attempting to be festive and saying Hello/Bonjour in the spirit of the season
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I start my 5 day rotation today
Been there, done that - for many years - have a good one. In a perverse way I quite liked working at Christmas because most people were up for a laugh.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Im in this morning as I still had to drop a kid off at school and the other technical folks are on hols already.

Usually its a half day for the production folks, but this year there is an order that "has to go", so that may not happen. Im out of here at lunch time either way. It amazes me that with 20 days holiday a year I still have a day to burn...

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012 to you all...
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:11 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Im in this morning as I still had to drop a kid off at school and the other technical folks are on hols already.Usually its a half day for the production folks, but this year there is an order that "has to go", so that may not happen. Im out of here at lunch time either way. It amazes me that with 20 days holiday a year I still have a day to burn...

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012 to you all...
really?

I am working until 5 today although I'm hoping to slope off early if it's quiet.

Merry Christmas everybody. Eat, eat and eat some more and then wash it all down with a nice glass of Baileys/wine. That's what I'm planning on doing for the next 4 days
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Been there, done that - for many years - have a good one. In a perverse way I quite liked working at Christmas because most people were up for a laugh.
Id better not add to that just in case the wrath of other BE posters descends on me

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Dec 23rd 2011 at 1:32 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:16 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Working til lunchtime today then taking those of my team that are located here out for a bite to eat and sending them home after that. Assuming that there is nothing urgent to ship this afternoon. Twixt Christmas and New Year we have inventory counts at four warehouses and the end of year sales push so work continues apace. Fortunately I have a good team that can do most of that without me holding their hands so I'll be monitoring things while working at home. And being on standby for baby arrival. I suspect it might be a drier Christmas than I'd usually have.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:21 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm working from home. Coffee on tap, tunes playing on the laptop and a cat on my knee. I think we officially get to finish around lunch time today. Life's tough
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:26 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Morning only ( but in fact I am watching Top Gear on Netflix at my desk ).
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hourly status meetings here. Management calling in from resorts. General air of tension. I'm very glad not to be representing the vendor of the malfunctioning software.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you as those are my favourite.
I start my 5 day rotation today so I will be attempting to be festive and saying Hello/Bonjour in the spirit of the season
Ditto.....and in a 'Xmas Carol/Xmas song free zone.....

Last edited by macadian; Dec 23rd 2011 at 2:23 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by macadian
Ditto.....
Though Im guessing not in the same capacity as me
Have a good one.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Though Im guessing not in the same capacity as me
Have a good one.
Not quite.......

And you too.....
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off till Jan 4th - great!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:02 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Finish at noon-ish today. Back Jan 9th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.