Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who is working today - or over the Christmas weekend?

Not allowed as I'm only here on holiday but hope those who are get an early dart
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Finish at noon-ish today. Back Jan 9th.
Ooh - civilized!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:09 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Boooo to retail. Working til 11 tonight when I presume the only people left in the store will be guys frantically choosing clothing items for their missuses, which (despite being told they are final sale) they will inevitably try to return on boxing day when they don't fit.

Glad I don't have to work xmas eve but Boxing Day sales I imagine will be pretty grim. Still, 2 days of eating and boozing is plenty
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:22 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in until 'unknown time to be decided by my superiors' but I'm guessing early afternoon. Back on the 3rd.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:23 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Boooo to retail. Working til 11 tonight when I presume the only people left in the store will be guys frantically choosing clothing items for their missuses, which (despite being told they are final sale) they will inevitably try to return on boxing day when they don't fit.

Glad I don't have to work xmas eve but Boxing Day sales I imagine will be pretty grim. Still, 2 days of eating and boozing is plenty
I did a bunch of xmas day/eve work when i was in retail. It blows.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
Hourly status meetings here. Management calling in from resorts. General air of tension. I'm very glad not to be representing the vendor of the malfunctioning software.
merry xmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thank you as those are my favourite.
I start my 5 day rotation today so I will be attempting to be festive and saying Hello/Bonjour in the spirit of the season
I will always remember my last visit to the UK (1982). I took my mother of 92 for a drive and on the way home stoped at the local Woolworths and decided to by some loose Quality Street. Like you I do love those purple ones as did my mother. When I took them to the cashier she reprimand me for having too many purple ones and she demanded I return some and select a different chocolate. I refused and told her she either accepted my choice or forget about the sale. She grudgingly agreed but it re-confirmed one of my beefs about British Service.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith
I will always remember my last visit to the UK (1982). I took my mother of 92 for a drive and on the way home stoped at the local Woolworths and decided to by some loose Quality Street. Like you I do love those purple ones as did my mother. When I took them to the cashier she reprimand me for having too many purple ones and she demanded I return some and select a different chocolate. I refused and told her she either accepted my choice or forget about the sale. She grudgingly agreed but it re-confirmed one of my beefs about British Service.
Oh come on she was more interested in the welfare of your mum as one of those nuts could have lodged in her throat but she forgot to mention it
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to the legendary cheery and helpful service you get here?
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
As opposed to the legendary cheery and helpful service you get here?
Thats the first thing that hit us when we came to Canada. Banking in those days in the UK was particularly bad. Even though I'd been with Barclays Bank for years, they refused to advance me cash aginst the sale of my property on leaving the UK. All proceeds from the sale were to be deposited with the Bank.
What a difference when I went to the Bank of Montreal 3 days after arriving in Ottawa. I had just started in my new job and they asked me if I needed a loan to bridge the arrival of my funds from the UK.

I came from a small village in the UK and who you were was more important.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the first thing that hit us when we came to Canada. Banking in those days in the UK was particularly bad. Even though I'd been with Barclays Bank for years, they refused to advance me cash aginst the sale of my property on leaving the UK. All proceeds from the sale were to be deposited with the Bank.
What a difference when I went to the Bank of Montreal 3 days after arriving in Ottawa. I had just started in my new job and they asked me if I needed a loan to bridge the arrival of my funds from the UK.

I came from a small village in the UK and who you were was more important.

It must be either west coast thing or its relative to my experience in the US but the service here is atrocious. Nobody seems to give a toss. I mean they work in retail and they're Canadian, have some humility ffs.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Chookie is in work today, although he said he will likely be home by 2pm-ish as he expects most people to go home early. He does have to go in on Monday to change over the backup tapes though, but that won't take very long and he doesn't go back apart from that until Jan 3rd.

I finished on Monday (technically I should have finished yesterday, but I sprained my wrist on Monday (slipped on the ice) and you can't really massage with a sprained wrist....). I am not working between Christmas and New Year, so I also go back on Jan 3rd. Hopefully my wrist will be fine by then
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ann

The purple quality street are my favorite too!.

Well working everyday until Dec 31.. theres a few overtimes thrown in there I must admit.The kids left today to see their dad over Christmas for over a week and my BF works evenings so although the house feels a little empty this evening, I am enjoying the peace and quiet. We will have our celebrations New Years when the kids return. Today was a little ridiculous at work as we were 4 Nurses and 2 Nurses Aides for a total of 8 patients as many pts got temporary leave and I guess this minor detail failed to get to the Nursing office. ....

There are parties at work and those who have to work over the holidays
make the best of it with the patients. Tomorrow we are ordering Sushi and everyone brings in a dessert and drink. There was the hospital Christmas chorale ( made up of staff , former patients ) and we went form floor to floor singing Christmas carols . It was touching as many cried while we sang, which had us in tears too..

Never thaught i would say this , but IT IS SNOWING IN MONTREAL!
phew! no green Christmas this year for us! (but go away on Jan 2)

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas to you all!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zalaben
Thanks Ann

The purple quality street are my favorite too!.

Well working everyday until Dec 31.. theres a few overtimes thrown in there I must admit.The kids left today to see their dad over Christmas for over a week and my BF works evenings so although the house feels a little empty this evening, I am enjoying the peace and quiet. !
That touched me as my 12 year old is in the UK spending Xmas with his Dad. Miss him loads and at the risk of a "bah humbug" or two, I can't wait for it to be all over and for my son to be back here with me. Roll on Jan 7th!!!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:55 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Taught 3 classes this morning - the gym is open over xmas period and there are group ex classes on Christmas Day !!! It was volunteer to teach on xmas and if no one does we wont force anyone!

Am back teaching on Boxing day night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.