Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who is sick of the same questions.... ?

Who is sick of the same questions.... ?

Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who is sick of the same questions.... ?

When are you going?

Are you still here?

Have you got a date yet?

Have you exchanged contracts?

Where has all your stuff gone?

Are your scared?

Are you excited?

How do your mum's feel?

Repeating the same answers over and over and over and over ....
I feel like typing out stock answers and handing then out to save my energy for something more productive......like watching the c$!!!

Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:22 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is sick of the same questions.... ?

You can add

"Bet you can't wait!"

to that list and you have our daily conversation with everyone we meet
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
......like watching the c$!!!

OMG its not just us (and searching MLS to see if they have added any more properties in the last 23 seconds )

Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:58 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be about;
  • Whats the cost of living
  • Can you get marmite
  • Should I pay for a consultant
  • Wheres the best place to live
  • How do I find a job.....
  • Do I need 4x4
  • When do I use a block heater
  • I dont have my PR card, what should I do

Did I miss any? I know I must have...
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:00 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Yes you missed a classic

Mr Miller please reply me

Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

The one from english people I meet who learn that we're off to Canada is "Why do you want to go to Canada?". "Like Australia and New Zealand still exist why don't you go there?" The answer can get very complex so I mostly say "because it's closer and we have very old parents who might snuff it quite soon".

On iaink's point, I have a lot more patience with anyone new to this site (as we ALL were at some time) they will almost certainly have questions they want answered immediately, not everyone at first will know about search facilities and the like, and there are the people with technophobia of course. And anyway this site wouldn't exist without these people, so let's here it for the newbies, give them the clap!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:28 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
And anyway this site wouldn't exist without these people, so let's here it for the newbies, give them the clap!
can you actually give someone the Clap through the internet? How is it transmitted?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't like the 'got it' threads.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
can you actually give someone the Clap through the internet? How is it transmitted?
Internet connections duh! Viruses? Heard of them? Same principle.
And of course having partners who are a bit 'iffy' in the sexual department.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

ooohhhh arh at you lot all moanin bout questions!!! we were all new to this site at one point , sooo glad i found it though, it has been a god send.
Now if your fed up about the same things been asked all the time dont click on em sometimes its quite good to know that you could help people that need a quick answer, you know share?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:53 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkerv05
ooohhhh arh at you lot all moanin bout questions!!! we were all new to this site at one point , sooo glad i found it though, it has been a god send.
Now if your fed up about the same things been asked all the time dont click on em sometimes its quite good to know that you could help people that need a quick answer, you know share?
errrm.... I think I caught the clap off your post
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NSpaul
errrm.... I think I caught the clap off your post
very funny
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:00 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
When are you going?

Are you still here?

Have you got a date yet?

Have you exchanged contracts?

Where has all your stuff gone?

Are your scared?

Are you excited?

How do your mum's feel?

Repeating the same answers over and over and over and over ....
I feel like typing out stock answers and handing then out to save my energy for something more productive......like watching the c$!!!

Then when you actually get here.................

Which part of Australia are you from? OR

Which part of England are you from, London?

Are you missing your family?

Where are you from? ........ Bristol I reply, followed by blank look then they add.....oh, right.....I've got a buddy lives at so'n'so street in Manchester......do you know it?

Are you gonna stay?

Isn't it just AWESOME here in paradise, eh?

& 1 from the staffroom yesterday........Is it true that the English can't swim?!!!

Last edited by bananahammock; Nov 9th 2007 at 2:24 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:11 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Is'nt it great though, when you suddenly realize that, Hey, I'm not the only person in the world mad enough to do this.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:15 pm
Immigration Consultant

Originally Posted by twinkles
Is'nt it great though, when you suddenly realize that, Hey, I'm not the only person in the world mad enough to do this.
Do you mean to move to Canada or to spend all day posting things on this forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.