Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who remembers...........

Who remembers...........

Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

alexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who remembers...........

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Football Crazys's and fish and chips (the crisps not the seaside food) they cost 5p from our junior school tuck shop and they bring back memories of the hazy summer days of the 70's!!!!!

And jelly bean shoes and drainpipe jeans with the stripe down the side - worn of course with a 'funky' belt and a black harrington jacket with your name in silver ironed on the back. (yes my fashion sense was shocking back then too)
and mine

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
pmsl, love this, and unfortunately I had the same dress sense as you...
same here
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:22 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Acorn Antiques
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:26 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaham gal
Acorn Antiques
lol, I loved that...
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:24 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Harping back to Peter Kay (the comedic genius that he is) piles of sand left on the corner of the street by the council - i'd play out for ages getting mucky in that

Oh and getting my own back as a 6th year smoking in the girls toilets and glaring at the 1st years when they dared come in to use the loo (complete with purple hair 6 earrings in the right ear and pale blue stilletto heeled shoes and the Thompson twins hairdo that my mate did with a razor on the one side cos my mums ladyshave blew up doing the first side!!!!!)
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Harping back to Peter Kay (the comedic genius that he is) piles of sand left on the corner of the street by the council - i'd play out for ages getting mucky in that

Oh and getting my own back as a 6th year smoking in the girls toilets and glaring at the 1st years when they dared come in to use the loo (complete with purple hair 6 earrings in the right ear and pale blue stilletto heeled shoes and the Thompson twins hairdo that my mate did with a razor on the one side cos my mums ladyshave blew up doing the first side!!!!!)
lol, sounds just like the girls in the school i went too, but you forgot the blue eyeliner..
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

This is a long thread but did anyone mention "Radio Caroline" yet?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman
This is a long thread but did anyone mention "Radio Caroline" yet?
I think so...a few things get a mention more than once but it's not reasonable to expect people to have read every post.

Radio Luxembourg too.

I don't remember if I already said April Dancer.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

alexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud of

for the girls ....... flavoured lip gloss,, with the roller ball
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:31 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That thing shaped like a letter W. A pencil in one part and you traced a point over a drawing and reproduced it, perhaps bigger or smaller.

What was it called?
sketch-a-graph.

I've still got mine somewhere in the basement - I found it the other day in amongst a load of dinky toys and a yoyo or three that are now in the possession of my son... he's only looking after them, mind: they're mine, I tell you!

the picture's not of mine, btw - I may be sad but not sad enough to have kept its cardboard box!
Attached Thumbnails Who remembers...........-sketch-graph.jpg  

Last edited by Oakvillian; Mar 2nd 2009 at 9:38 pm. Reason: added disclaimer for the picture...
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:34 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexx11
for the girls ....... flavoured lip gloss,, with the roller ball
ooooh I remeber those - glass bottle with a red lid
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
sketch-a-graph.
That is certainly it......but the name rings no bells at all.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:58 pm
Oscar nominated

Chad Valley projector.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

A cousin sent me this link and it did make me laugh as I used to have the puppets (Itsy and Bitsy from Paper Play)

Anyone remember watching this...
(I know some of you may be too old or even too young and the OH can't recall watching it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYx9kGElJkM
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:12 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Alison33
A cousin sent me this link and it did make me laugh as I used to have the puppets (Itsy and Bitsy from Paper Play)

Anyone remember watching this...
(I know some of you may be too old or even too young and the OH can't recall watching it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYx9kGElJkM
Awww bless, I loved Itsy and Bitsy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.