Reload this Page >

Who remembers...........

Who remembers...........

Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who remembers...........

Originally Posted by BristolUK
K-TEL and Ronco.
Did you know K-TEL was a Canadian company based in Winnipeg.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jan 29th 2009 at 9:42 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I remember that opening scene so well. We used to love to do that in shop windows when we were kids.
The door way to Freeman Hardy Willis was great for that,,in latter years used for early sexual explorations to A knee trembler in the door way to FHW was a must and a sign of manhood
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Did you know K-TEL was a Canadian company based in Winnipeg I believe.
If true, it would be grounds to leave i think
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Animal Magic with Johnny Morris

Barbapapa

And my all time fav, The Clangers

I loved the Soup Dragon
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie
If true, it would be grounds to leave i think
What you mean if true?

Start packing then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-tel
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Fry's 5 Boys Chocolate bars.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

What you mean if true?

Start packing then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-tel
I live 30km south , phew that was a close call,,,
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

There was a farm near our school, which had a shop. A woodbine and a match for 2p! In the 6th form as prefects we would raid it (and take the cigs off the little kids)
  • 5p for a bus ride!
  • Getting the strap - 6 of the best! right across the arse.
  • Candy cigarettes - a pack of fake camels!!! that we usually get in our christmas stockings!
  • Going to the off licence for my dad - beer for him, cider for us - I was 7ish my brothers younger!!!
  • Tripe for us tea!
  • Pigs feet!
  • Brawn - seeing the pigs head slowly shrink in the pan to reveal the teeth!
  • I went youth hostelling with my brother 12, and 13, when I was 14!!!
  • My dad dropped us off at one hostel in Derbyshire, and we walked to the next one for a night and then the next one for the next night where he picked us up the following morning!!!
  • Going to the football match with my dad - unfortunately he was a City fan and I was a closet United fan, so I'd have to go to Maine Rd. with him, and I was too embarased to tell him I was a United fan.
  • Going to see George Best's house!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:09 pm

• Getting the strap - 6 of the best! right across the arse. Our headmaster used a split cane on your hand or your arse.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
There was a farm near our school, which had a shop. A woodbine and a match for 2p! In the 6th form as prefects we would raid it (and take the cigs off the little kids)
  • 5p for a bus ride!
  • Getting the strap - 6 of the best! right across the arse.
  • Candy cigarettes - a pack of fake camels!!! that we usually get in our christmas stockings!
  • Going to the off licence for my dad - beer for him, cider for us - I was 7ish my brothers younger!!!
  • Tripe for us tea!
  • Pigs feet!
  • Brawn - seeing the pigs head slowly shrink in the pan to reveal the teeth!
  • I went youth hostelling with my brother 12, and 13, when I was 14!!!
  • My dad dropped us off at one hostel in Derbyshire, and we walked to the next one for a night and then the next one for the next night where he picked us up the following morning!!!
  • Going to the football match with my dad - unfortunately he was a City fan and I was a closet United fan, so I'd have to go to Maine Rd. with him, and I was too embarased to tell him I was a United fan.
  • Going to see George Best's house!
George Best lived just down the road from me in Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall in the mid 70's.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
George Best lived just down the road from me in Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall in the mid 70's.
Bloody name dropper

Ok, the neighbor to my best friend was Paul Macartney, he used to jog through my friends farm nr. Peasmarsh in kent.. Well one day when we were chating he asked if we new of a mobile disco for his daughters heather 21st birthday,, well myself and my pal Chris ended up doing the gig,
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Bloody name dropper

Ok, the neighbor to my best friend was Paul Macartney, he used to jog through my friends farm nr. Peasmarsh in kent.. Well one day when we were chating he asked if we new of a mobile disco for his daughters heather 21st birthday,, well myself and my pal Chris ended up doing the gig,
Mmmm top this then....Paul sent me some signed photos of himself...with his drawings on the back. My husband met him once.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:30 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favorite emails, always makes me

Just for a minute, forget everything stressful and read this...............

Close your eyes and go back in time...
Before the Internet or the Apple Mac.
Before semi-automatics, joyriders and crack....
Before SEGA or Super Nintendo...
Way back........

I'm talking about Hide and Seek in the park.
The corner shop.
Hopscotch.
Butterscotch.
Skipping.
Handstands.
Football with an old can.
Fingerbob.
Beano, Dandy, Buster, Twinkle and Dennis the menace.
Roly Poly.
Hula Hoops, jumping the stream, building dams.
The smell of the sun and fresh cut grass.
Bazooka Joe bubble gum.
An ice cream cone on a warm summer night from the van that plays a tune Chocolate or vanilla or strawberry or maybe Neapolitan or perhaps a
screwball

Wait......

Watching Saturday morning cartoons....short commercials, The Double
Deckers, Road Runner, He-Man, Zeebedee Tiswas or Swapshop?, and 'Why Don't You'? -

or

staying up for Doctor Who.
When around the corner seemed far away and going into town seemed like
going somewhere.
Earwigs, wasps, stinging nettles and bee stings.
Sticky fingers.
Cops and Robbers, Cowboys and Indians, and Zorro.
Climbing trees.
Building igloos out of snow banks.
Walking to school, no matter what the weather.
Running till you were out of breath, laughing so hard that your stomach
hurt.
Jumping on the bed. Pillow fights.
Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
Being tired from playing....remember that?
The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
Water balloons were the ultimate weapon
Football cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle.
Choppers and Grifters

I'm not finished just yet.....

Eating raw jelly. Orange squash ice pops.

Remember when...

There were two types of trainers - girls and boys, and Dunlop Green Flash -
and the only time you wore them at school was for P.E.
You knew everyone in your street - and so did your parents.
It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
You didn't sleep a wink on Christmas eve.
When nobody owned a pure-bred dog.
When 25p was decent pocket money
When you'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny.
When nearly everyone's mum was at home when the kids got there.
It was magic when dad would "remove" his thumb.
When it was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a
real restaurant with your parents.
When any parent could discipline any kid, or feed him or use him to carry
groceries and nobody, not even the kid, thought a thing of it. When being
sent to the head's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited a
misbehaving student at home.
Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't
because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs etc.
parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! - and some of us are
still afraid of them!!

Didn't that feel good?

Just to go back and say, Yeah, I remember that!

Remember when....

Decisions were made by going " Ip Dip Dog Shit "
"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "Monopoly".
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was germs. And the worst thing in your day was having to sit next to one.
It was unbelievable that 'British Bulldog 123' wasn't an Olympic event. Having a weapon in school, meant being caught with a catapult.
Nobody was prettier than Mum.
Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better.
Taking drugs meant orange-flavoured chewable aspirin.
Ice cream was considered a basic food group
Getting a foot of snow was a dream come true
Older siblings were the worst tormentors, but also the fiercest protectors

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED. Pass this
on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown up" life...

I DOUBLE-DARE YOU
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:51 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

• Getting the strap - 6 of the best! right across the arse. Our headmaster used a split cane on your hand or your arse.
Yup. I sure do remember that. We called it getting the swish. Our gaffer as they called him had a strip of hippo hide that was very supple from years of use. Sadistic sod that he was. I'm sure he got great pleasure from administering "justice". Shades of Tom Brown's School Days.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant future

Eating raw jelly.

That'll do it all that Gelatin ..........all pre BSE. Oh well I had my fair share (raw Jelly) when younger and I'm good. Ok ,somewhat forgetful at times ....which i put down to too many Moulson's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.