Reload this Page >

Who gets the flu shot?

Who gets the flu shot?

Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:20 am
Banned

wonderwoman1st is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who gets the flu shot?

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think that's pretty rare. People in Canada generally endure a miserable time for five months a year during their working lives and then, if they can afford it, spend the winters in America. Those who do find something enjoyable typically do it indoors, crochet, quilting and scrapbooking are very popular.
I don't know where you have been hiding or where your inaccurate assumptions come from exactly, but there seems to be plenty of them on this thread. It's certainly not what I've seen the time I've lived over here on moving to BC in 2007 then Toronto 2012, quite the opposite and I love the Canadians for their outdoor pursuits, ice skating rinks outside, not seen many indoors to be honest. Or skiing down mountains, snow shoeing, ice climbing.. the list goes on. I'm sure if I showed your post to my Canadian friends from coast to coast you'd soon be put back in your place on this one.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats why you need to find something you enjoy doing in the winter. I find skiing when its warm incredibly tedious to be honest; It works much better when the snow doesnt melt.

Maybe Im just immature...
Gosh, me too! Or maybe I'm just a big kid who enjoys life and keeping fit and healthy and loves the outdoors and healthy good fresh air, rather than being huddled indoors where germs get breathed in from others who don't like to open their windows.

Since when was outdoor pursuits just for kids exactly?????! FAIL on that inaccurate comment
Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:25 am
Banned

Well, no. I've prospered here. It seems to me now that a major reason for that is that, for most of my time here, I've had no interests in Canada. Like my colleagues and associates, I've been willing to work all the time because, for five months of the year, there's really nothing better to do. Television is hugely popular, of course, if you enjoy Survivor you'll likely want to go home and see that.

I don't think, btw, that curling, essentially lawn green bowling indoors, counts as "getting out".
??? So why are you in Canada then? Why stay here if you dislike it so much? Maybe you really are in the wrong place.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
Prospered as in "enjoyed living here", not prospered as in "made money".

Curling is suprisingly hard physical work, as you would know if you had ever tried it before knocking it.
I think there's plenty he's not tried, just likes to criticize and state things he's not that clued up about, plain old ignorance that is, and clearly strongly dislikes Canada (possibly Canadians too), I can't work out why you are here in that case dbbd (sorry if I spelt that name tag wrong btw).

Eeek excuse all the posts at one time, just read through it all and posted as I read through.

Last edited by wonderwoman1st; Oct 14th 2012 at 6:31 am.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:36 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wonderwoman1st
Eeek excuse all the posts at one time, just read through it all and posted as I read through.
I think the flu shot is the least of your medication concerns.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:09 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's plenty he's not tried, just likes to criticize and state things he's not that clued up about, plain old ignorance that is, and clearly strongly dislikes Canada (possibly Canadians too), I can't work out why you are here in that case dbbd (sorry if I spelt that name tag wrong btw).

Some just can't find a decent paid job in the UK and look towards Canada as a means to an end. Their hate of all things Canadian is understandable if they have to move to a new country and then sit in an office 9-5 then hit the long TTC commute home. Have a bit more sympathy for the poor souls :@)
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

??? So why are you in Canada then? Why stay here if you dislike it so much? Maybe you really are in the wrong place.
I hate these kinds of posts from people who have no idea at all of some of the situations that people are in that make them stay.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:37 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi
I hate these kinds of posts from people who have no idea at all of some of the situations that people are in that make them stay.
+1
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just avoid having it done via pharmacists elsewhere, they do charge...
I've heard people say they use the pharmacy for free parking, balancing the cost of the shot against paying to park.

I can see combining it with a shopping trip or something is more convenient than a separate trip but I can't think of any doctors around here without free parking.

Perhaps they think one needs to go to hospital for it.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

You women with kids may have to de-worm them on occasion as well. It's no biggie, just some pills, and the school or pre-school will usually alert all parents if it's going around. If you have teenagers tell them that one of the symptoms of worms is listlesness and sullen attitude and the treatment is. ...... make up your own treatment, you know your kids best.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 12:57 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure if I showed your post to my Canadian friends from coast to coast you'd soon be put back in your place on this one.
Oh please, I know people like to go ATVing during the winter and getting killed in avalanches but for every person who is into winter sports there are a great many who aren't. By definition, the available facilities couldn't remotely handle the demand if everyone were into these sorts of things.

I see people losing their social skills during the winter and then regain them during the summer and I also see a great many people starting at their TVs when I go for a walk during the winter - and the only other people going for a walk are people dragging their unhappy dogs around with them.

"Embrace winter" imo is just a platitude that people spit out because they don't like people whinging at them about how cold it is because it reminds them how cold it is.

The WEM wouldn't exist if people liked to spend lots of time outside en masse during the winter.

I know people who were born here and grew up here and they have gotten complaining about winter to a true art form. How long it takes for something to freeze or defrost for example. I've always thought the true Canadian national pastimes are moaning about the weather and calculating how to save small sums of money on buying stuff in the US, rather than hockey.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 1:16 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I see it easily as I'm a nurse
That doesn't follow. I know a nurse who's never had any sort of preventative injection.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 1:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

dbbd (sorry if I spelt that name tag wrong btw).
It might help you to get it right if you knew that it's a truncation of deadbeat Dad.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 2:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I've always thought the true Canadian national pastimes are moaning about the weather and calculating how to save small sums of money on buying stuff in the US, rather than hockey.
Unlike Brits who moan about the weather and complain about prices in the UK while popping over to France to save money.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:42 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't follow. I know a nurse who's never had any sort of preventative injection.
Well, that girl never claimed to be a real nurse. The latex uniform, heels, and outrageous fee schedule should of been your first clue.
Everyone who works in a hospital, doctor's office, medical clinic, nursing home, home care, etc has to get an annual flu shot, from the Director of Surgery through the nurses, orderlies, HR, dieticians, cleaners, CSR, techs...... everyone.

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 15th 2012 at 11:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.