Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

who can tell me what this music is

Wikiposts

who can tell me what this music is

Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default who can tell me what this music is

Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who can tell me what this music is

Original piece of music me thinks.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Original piece of music me thinks.
The closing credits show the original music but it's none of those listed. They're very different.

On the youtube page the clip is on, there's a Chet Baker piece which has a lot of similarities but not the same one. It's close enough to believe it could be him though.

It reminds me of a lot of the music used in Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer TV series with Stacy Keach back in the 1980s.

Maybe I'll find some clues there.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:56 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like something from a film. There's an app called Shazam which would identify if you are so inclined.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:03 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
It sounds like something from a film. There's an app called Shazam which would identify if you are so inclined.

One of the responses to the person who posted the clip on youtube tried that and apparently it wasn't recognised.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:05 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

One of the responses to the person who posted the clip on youtube tried that and apparently it wasn't recognised.
Oh ok. Why do you want to know, you like the music or you think you know it from somewhere?
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It reminds me of Town Without Pity in style and tempo, maybe written with that in mind? It isn't like The Simpsons can't afford royalties so that may not be the correct answer though.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Same here hence my reasoning.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 12:04 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
Oh ok. Why do you want to know, you like the music or you think you know it from somewhere?
I certainly liked it and in the context of the Simpsons episode it moved me.
Of course it might be one of those things where you hear something that appeals and you find out what it is, only to discover it's just a good minute of something much longer and the rest you don't like.

Same here hence my reasoning.
Ah, I did wonder. Thanks for trying.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:17 am
Oscar nominated

I'm about 80% sure it's called Blue Pants Mornin' or Blue Pants All Mornin' and it is original.

With all the devotee websites out there I expected to find confirmation.

Mornin' doesn't fit the piece but in the context of the episode, maybe it was morning . Or maybe a pun on mourning because it was his last pair of his beloved blue pants and he couldn't find more
Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:21 am
me/moi

TBH I preferred when Homer and Apu were performing their own music.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:28 am

I'm about 80% sure it's called Blue Pants Mornin' or Blue Pants All Mornin' and it is original.

With all the devotee websites out there I expected to find confirmation.

Mornin' doesn't fit the piece but in the context of the episode, maybe it was morning . Or maybe a pun on mourning because it was his last pair of his beloved blue pants and he couldn't find more
Agree that it's original but I don't think it's 'Blue Pants Mornin' - that's the last few seconds of this clip and it's parodying "Get Me To The Church On Time" from My Fair Lady.

Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:51 am
Oscar nominated

Agree that it's original but I don't think it's 'Blue Pants Mornin' - that's the last few seconds of this clip and it's parodying "Get Me To The Church On Time" from My Fair Lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV3gtjzZ8Ik
Good spot. I remember that bit now but I suppose there's a chance that it inspired the title.

Perhaps it's Bleeding Gums Murphy
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:11 am

Good spot. I remember that bit now but I suppose there's a chance that it inspired the title.

Perhaps it's Bleeding Gums Murphy

http://www.danhiggins.net/
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:18 am
Oscar nominated

That's an impressive list of musicians he's played with. But I didn't see Donald Fagen listed.