Whistlet EDGE card

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:33 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whistlet EDGE card

Looking at getting a 5 day edge card as a BC resident but have a few questions:

Is it worth it?

Can I pay for it online and then collect it at the mountain when I want to(won't be using it until end of March) or do I have to let them know when I want the first date to be?

Apart from a BC driving licence, how recent does the proof of address need to be (within last month? Last 3 months etc)?

The whole thing confuses me as they also do a 1 day card but you have to let them know at least 48 hours below when you are intending to use it...

I tried calling their guest services but can't get through
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whistlet EDGE card

I don't know for sure, but reading from the website and looking around, I'd say you can use it anytime during the season, and not have to tell them specific dates, but their website is oddly lacking detailed info on the page, unless it's hidden somewhere.

I'd say it's worth it if your planning on skiing and using it to it's full potential, any savings is good in my view.

But on the flip side I know a few people who feel very pressured when buying that kind of pass if they don't ski all day everyday, all depends on you and your personality.

May wan't to buy it closer to when you go though and not too far in advance if you can, just in case the weather doesn't cooperate and the snow sucks.

The guy I work with has been pretty disappointed so far this winter, he has been in Whistler 15 years and he complains a lot about the snow this year, but I have no idea just purely based on what he complains about.

I'd play proof of residence on the safe side and provide the most recent possible, most places that wan't proof of residence want it to be the last 30 days, but a BC ID or License with current address may also be sufficient.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:31 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to use five days, then it is worth it.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:03 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

May wan't to buy it closer to when you go though and not too far in advance if you can, just in case the weather doesn't cooperate and the snow sucks.

The guy I work with has been pretty disappointed so far this winter, he has been in Whistler 15 years and he complains a lot about the snow this year, but I have no idea just purely based on what he complains about.

I'd play proof of residence on the safe side and provide the most recent possible, most places that wan't proof of residence want it to be the last 30 days, but a BC ID or License with current address may also be sufficient.
I think it will be worth it when i get up there for the savings but agree about the snow. I went to Manning Park last week and that was pretty good. I am not going to Whistler to end of March so I am hoping it will get better

Ill print off a bank statement or phone bill then - god knows Ive already had to do a few for the police check for the IEC, one more wont be an issue

Originally Posted by Alan2005
If you are going to use five days, then it is worth it.
yeah that is what I am looking into - 5 days is just over $400 +tax
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 12:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Slopes looked bad today. Snow on the way but level is pretty high at 2,900 meters.

Below that they expect rain. Village level highs of 7 to 10 this weekend.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:28 am
Bex in the city

Slopes looked bad today. Snow on the way but level is pretty high at 2,900 meters.

Below that they expect rain. Village level highs of 7 to 10 this weekend.

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I went to Manning Park last week
Quite a trip to Manning from where you are! Not so bad from here. A shame Hemlock isn't open yet, if it opens at all this year. Friends from the UK over at Whistler at Easter, so trying to improve my boarding enough to join them...

I've done Manning on Boxing Day and Cypress on the Monday after so far this year, but unfortunately Mrs. Withabix got a free ride down the slope on a stretcher that day...Badly twisted knee, now well on the mend thanks to physic on my Healthcare plan!

The only plus side is that they gave us two vouchers to go again free! I suspect it will just be me using them though...

Last edited by withabix; Jan 23rd 2015 at 2:00 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Mount Baker in the US (which is about the same distance as Whistler) is much cheaper and has had better snow so far this year.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bc2015
Mount Baker in the US (which is about the same distance as Whistler) is much cheaper and has had better snow so far this year.
I wonder sometimes what the draw is to Whistler, but the falling CAD seems to have taken most of the savings away.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:48 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

It's shaping up to be a really shit season. 2 day pineapple express on its way apparently.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 5:17 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by withabix
Quite a trip to Manning from where you are!

I've done Manning on Boxing Day and Cypress on the Monday after so far this year, but unfortunately Mrs. Withabix got a free ride down the slope on a stretcher that day...Badly twisted knee, now well on the mend thanks to physic on my Healthcare plan!
I have a friend that lives in Agassiz, who also knows someone who works at the park so rather then go to cypress/grouse/whistker where the snow isn't great, it was better to go somewhere where the was a bit more of a dump of the White stuff.

Sorry to hear that about your other half. - that scares me a lot especially as my benefits and MSP are yet to come through yet
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

I have a friend that lives in Agassiz, who also knows someone who works at the park so rather then go to cypress/grouse/whistker where the snow isn't great, it was better to go somewhere where the was a bit more of a dump of the White stuff.

Sorry to hear that about your other half. - that scares me a lot especially as my benefits and MSP are yet to come through yet
Be careful skiing before MSP, the costs at the ski resorts for medical treatment can be pricey. Whistler medical center for instance charges 720 just to walk into the door, then they add on the doctors fee, lab, x-ray, medication, etc on top, and it's payable at the time of service, and they don't bill insurance companies.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:53 pm
Bex in the city

Be careful skiing before MSP, the costs at the ski resorts for medical treatment can be pricey. Whistler medical center for instance charges 720 just to walk into the door, then they add on the doctors fee, lab, x-ray, medication, etc on top, and it's payable at the time of service, and they don't bill insurance companies.
y

I've got travel insurance right now as the requirement for the IEC

I emailed my place last night about when and who I need to speak to about my MSP as its due the 1st February!

I'm meant to get extendable benefits with my company as well so does that mean if I have an accident up there the mountain will expect me to pay for my treatment regardless if I show them my card?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

does that mean if I have an accident up there the mountain will expect me to pay for my treatment regardless if I show them my card?
Yes. Mountains will always want up-front payment from what people have told me. Whistler seem to start charging the moment they attend to you from what I've heard (a friend twisted their shoulder over Christmas and they would have wanted over $1200 if she hadn't got up and walked out) and they try to upsell medical treatment so that they can get as much out of you as possible, whereas conversely at Cypress there was no charge for attending to my wife and we got 2 vouchers to come back again free.

They won't bill your travel insurance. You have to pay and claim back.

The same actually goes for some things on your medical plan for 'normal' stuff as well. Opticians (or Optometrists as they like to be called here) don't generally do direct billing, for example. Your Plan documents (or their website) will have a directory of direct billing medical service providers.

Last edited by withabix; Jan 23rd 2015 at 3:06 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:27 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

true dat about shit ski season. Kid's ski camp got cancelled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.