Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where were you when JFK was shot...

Where were you when JFK was shot...

Old Nov 23rd 2013, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where were you when JFK was shot...

Originally Posted by Shard
...the fairer sex, maybe?
sorry i am the older generation

we used to say weaker sex
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 4:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike

we used to say weaker sex )
That comes across as a bit rapey.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:03 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

You are probably right as he was not around long enough to have done much, good or bad

only later did we learn of his fondness for the weaker sex
Weaker? Oh my how we laughed.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:33 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

we used to say weaker sex
Yes of course, it's just changed lingo.

Mind you, those enquiring minds at the DM think you may be on to something...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ument-all.html

Last edited by Shard; Nov 23rd 2013 at 8:45 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 9:57 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Same place I was when Julius Caesar was assassinated.

I must admit, I've never really understood the Kennedy worship. If he hadn't been assassinated, he'd probably just be another failed President, blamed for the Vietnam War.

The same sentiments can be applied to John Lennon....he would have just been another ex member of the Beatles or xxxxxxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 10:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
I made my way down to Buckingham palace that morning, and saw the body brought in, and carried past me (still have the pictures I took). I was interviewed by a TV station, and was on Telly that evening
I'm a bit confused by this post. Did the Yanks buy Buck House as well as the London Bridge and did they put it in Dallas?

I'm fairly sure I've seen it still there in London on the tele more recently.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 11:34 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm a bit confused by this post. Did the Yanks buy Buck House as well as the London Bridge and did they put it in Dallas?

I'm fairly sure I've seen it still there in London on the tele more recently.

Pause and breathe in....It was in response to the poster talking about his wife giving him the news of Princess Diana's death

Get it now?

Post #23 by Souvy

Last edited by ultrarunner; Nov 23rd 2013 at 11:36 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 2:16 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Pause and breathe in....It was in response to the poster talking about his wife giving him the news of Princess Diana's death

Get it now?

Post #23 by Souvy
Yes, I knew that. I was simply giving you a lesson in quoting the post that you're replying to.

Mostly to stop you looking like a dick. Which of course you're not.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:46 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly to stop you looking like a dick. Which of course you're not.
No! He's just the weaker sex

I was three, and in France and I remember my mother crying...it really upset me, as she wasn't the crying sort.

When Diana died, I was in Libya and listening to the news and laughed, as I was sure it must have been some sort of spoof.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 3:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MillieF
No! He's just the weaker sex

I was three, and in France and I remember my mother crying...it really upset me, as she wasn't the crying sort.

When Diana died, I was in Libya and listening to the news and laughed, as I was sure it must have been some sort of spoof.
Ouch Millie

and...are you saying your mum has no remorse / she is heartless, surely not?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:51 am
Just Joined

crabbygit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the UK with some relatives, so have an alibi.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 2:16 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

On the grassy knoll?
My parents were still in nappies...so um...yea