Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where did your name come from?

Where did your name come from?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:19 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of
Default Where did your name come from?

I was sat here wondering about this knowing that mine has a little story behind it...I wondered how many others did?

So here is my story of how Harrypottermouse was born....

I have to say I blame my then 3 year old for the name, she had a Where's Spot book and one of the lift the flaps was a picture of a hippopotamus under the grand piano lid...well, our good friend loves Harry Potter - and when the Mama (grandmother) asked who was under the piano - she replied harry pottermouse...so it kind of stuck.

Bless her
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:21 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did your name come from?

Combination of parents and marriage!!!!!!!!

On another forum I go by the name of a household object because I was , ill , off work and desperately needed some advice about my situation and HAD to remain anonymous. I was sat on the sofa and just typed in the first thing I could see!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:26 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Mine comes from being called Tasha and being little...

My very good friend Tasha is 6 inches taller than me I'm 5' 2" ...hence I'm little Tasha and she's big Tasha but her husband calls me Tashy?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Mine comes from being called Tasha and being little...

My very good friend Tasha is 6 inches taller than me I'm 5' 2" ...hence I'm little Tasha and she's big Tasha but her husband calls me Tashy?
Mine was a because i love good Coffee
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:40 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Mine was a because i love good Coffee
Mine is my World Of Warcraft character name ( main one)

But originates as - Tana, Pagan Goddess from Stregheria ( Italain Witchcraft) I love those kind of name s
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Record label in UK, also i just love to buy Nu-Shoozzzzzzzzzz
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Not really hard to guess - we are The Canes.

Not very original, I know.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

My middle name is Elizabeth, when I was little when people asked my name and I couldn't pronounce it properly - it came out Liffyliff so hence Liffy and my surname starts with a B

Liffy B
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got my name changed recently. I realized that when you have a very distinctive name, everyone in the world can google it. As strange things can happen on the Internet when people know who and where and what you are - I decided to change it for privacy reasons.

I work in a law firm and things used to be easy. People came in and signed documents and you never doubted that they were who they said they were. Then you started hearing about crooks forging transfers and registering a house and a mortgage in their own name. So now we require three pieces of i.d. including photo i.d. before a mortgage company will allow a mortgage to be registered. And yesterday I heard that we will now have to get i.d. before we can register a transfer.

The Internet is a wonderful thing, but it has also made it a lot easier for crooks to find a way of scamming people!

So my name comes from where I lived in England when I was a child.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:30 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

How did I come up with my name? It's my secret, and I'm not telling.
x
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:35 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

I trained as a chemist, but I've always been Welsh.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:37 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is the last five letters of my first name, as for the 66, well we're not even going to go there.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

YYZ = Airport code for Pearson/Toronto International Airport.

I love Toronto.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:47 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Geek Alert!

I used to be a really big fan of Big Brother and specifically Jon Tickle. On one of the episodes he was talking about the "pretty flowers" in the BB garden. I'd just joined another forum to talk about Big Brother and chose that as my name. As I'm strikingly low on originality, I decided to use that as my forum name everywhere else. That and er, the fact that I really like flowers...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:51 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Mine is very prosaic... I just showed my first name and middle name together (Emma Jane), hence Emmjay was born

Emmjay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.