British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Where are all the Trolls? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/where-all-trolls-845726/)

rivingtonpike Oct 23rd 2014 7:42 pm

Where are all the Trolls?

What's happened to all the grumpy, argumentative, antagonistic ranters that used to stalk this site? When I first joined back in 2010 you had to be pretty brave to have an opinion. As soon as a stupid or controversial comment was posted you could rely on the Ultrarunners and El Dulci's of this world to make it even more controversial!

Where are they now? Who do you think has been the most antagonistic poster of all time? What was the worst thing you can remember being posted by them?

bats Oct 23rd 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Where are all the Trolls?

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 11448275)
What's happened to all the grumpy, argumentative, antagonistic ranters that used to stalk this site? When I first joined back in 2010 you had to be pretty brave to have an opinion. As soon as a stupid or controversial comment was posted you could rely on the Ultrarunners and El Dulci's of this world to make it even more controversial!

Where are they now? Who do you think has been the most antagonistic poster of all time? What was the worst thing you can remember being posted by them?

Oh you little agent provocateur you. Well done. Let me get my chips and dips and settle in for some entertainment.

caretaker Oct 23rd 2014 8:01 pm

UR's probably at Camp X or in Kuwait.

bats Oct 23rd 2014 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11448306)

Or the penitentiary

rivingtonpike Oct 23rd 2014 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11448306)

He was the poster that just kept giving. I wish there was a "most wanted/hated" top ten thing.

rivingtonpike Oct 23rd 2014 8:06 pm

I wish I could remember El Dulci's real name/tag....
Some of his posts were fantastic!

Tirytory Oct 23rd 2014 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 11448318)

I thought it was El Dulci? UR a bit before my time. I know who I think are quite "antagonistic" now although not trolls..:sneaky:

Sally Redux Oct 23rd 2014 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11448326)
I thought it was El Dulci? UR a bit before my time. I know who I think are quite "antagonistic" now although not trolls..:sneaky:

Do tell.

bats Oct 23rd 2014 8:18 pm

You want to make something of that? :sneaky:

rivingtonpike Oct 23rd 2014 8:18 pm

:popcorn:Do tell!

Tirytory Oct 23rd 2014 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 11448334)
You want to make something of that? :sneaky:

Yeah I'm ready :scarper:

rivingtonpike Oct 23rd 2014 8:23 pm

UR was/is some crazed Combat 17 type who would pick a rather badly rationalised argument with St Peter given half a chance. Great value....

Oakvillian Oct 23rd 2014 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 11448318)

Dulcius Ex Asperis? Yes, he was quite good value. UR was more annoying but less eloquent, so I think Dulcius wins.

Other wind-up merchants that spring to mind include OceanMDX - he and I didn't overlap by very long, but in much the same way as UR does now, his legend lived on for quite a while. But ISTR he was more of a tedious knob than a troll.

Sally Redux Oct 23rd 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 11448341)
UR was/is some crazed Combat 17 type who would pick a rather badly rationalised argument with St Peter given half a chance. Great value....

Couldn't take the heat of the end-of-year polls though.

Novocastrian Oct 23rd 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 11448344)
Dulcius Ex Asperis? Yes, he was quite good value. UR was more annoying but less eloquent, so I think Dulcius wins.

Other wind-up merchants that spring to mind include OceanMDX - he and I didn't overlap by very long, but in much the same way as UR does now, his legend lived on for quite a while. But ISTR he was more of a tedious knob than a troll.

Yer talking through yer ass as usual you bloody troll.