Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

When your log in doesn't work

Wikiposts

When your log in doesn't work

Old May 16th 2018, 10:46 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When your log in doesn't work

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
Just sent one hopefully this one gets to you.

@sharkus (don't know how to multi quote on here).

Vbulletin does allow multiple themes, but some themes are not backwards compatible with newer versions, which is what I'm guessing has also happened. Normally different themes would be a drop down box in the users profile. That being said, if a theme has been implemented and then further customised, it means a lot of work with others themes as well, usually more effort than it is worth like you wrote similarly.
It's been a seriously long time since I dabbled in vB, and I don't have licence to mess about with the latest version. You're probably right that the "old" theme isn't compatible without a significant rework. I had the rather lovely matahari theme, and when upgraded to a newer version of vB it didn't work, thought I'd try and fix it myself. Got most of the way, but seem to recall the format of things between the versions was different, and so I got a little stuck so gave up. I did also write at least one module for the site I ran, and getting that working after the upgrade was also "fun". but I did manage it.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:01 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When your log in doesn't work

I got an answer, incompatible theme

However, seems turning off infinite scroll option makes things look a little better:

SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, May 3, 2018 (PT)