British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   What's your favourite fruit? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/whats-your-favourite-fruit-870905/)

Oink Jan 18th 2016 11:02 am

What's your favourite fruit?

I can't decide between a nice ripe Kensington Pride mango and a Hawaiian Sunrise papaya. I like other types of fruit, cherries and blueberries when they're in season or if I'm in England some Kent strawberries and raspberries but maybe because I can be a bit flash, I always come back to mangoes or papayas when I want something nice.

Stinkypup Jan 18th 2016 11:07 am

Re: What's your favourite fruit?

Blackcurrants with a little bit of Vanilla ice cream... not seen them where I am ( blackcurrants that is !)

BristolUK Jan 18th 2016 11:18 am

Probably plums but sometimes they can look delicious and they're disappointing. When they're good they are orgasmic. Peaches.

Oink Jan 18th 2016 11:27 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11841599)
Probably plums but sometimes they can look delicious and they're disappointing. When they're good they are orgasmic. Peaches.

You like the medium sized squishy fruits. Hmm, from a theoretical psychology perspective I wonder what that suggests about your personality?

Mr Bean Jan 18th 2016 11:54 am

I'm with you Oink, I'm right into tropical fruits and melons.;)

We spend around $40/week on fruit. The kids love it.

Alan2005 Jan 18th 2016 12:12 pm

The Fuji japanese restuarant chain in Thailand used to serve a plate of pineapple, papaya and watermelon for desert if you ordered set meal. The papaya always tasted a bit like sick which kind of put me off that fruit a bit. Mangoes are the business though. As are most of those tropical fruits like guava, dragon fruit etc.

Still if I had to pick a favourite it would be the russet apple.

Flogger Jan 18th 2016 12:13 pm

Russet apple or a banana

Oink Jan 18th 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 11841635)
The Fuji japanese restuarant chain in Thailand used to serve a plate of pineapple, papaya and watermelon for desert if you ordered set meal. The papaya always tasted a bit like sick which kind of put me off that fruit a bit. Mangoes are the business though. As are most of those tropical fruits like guava, dragon fruit etc.

Still if I had to pick a favourite it would be the russet apple.

Bit nervous about some of those weird ones although they do look interesting. They have them in GL market, so I might do a bit of research and branch out. I used to drink pineapple juice with some fizzy water when I went to the pub if I was driving.

BristolUK Jan 18th 2016 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11841607)
You like the medium sized squishy fruits. Hmm, from a theoretical psychology perspective I wonder what that suggests about your personality?

Good job I never said banana. :rofl:

withabix Jan 18th 2016 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 11841635)
The papaya always tasted a bit like sick which kind of put me off that fruit a bit.

Papaya DOES taste like sick - I can't understand why anyone eats it! :nod:

Stinkypup Jan 18th 2016 2:53 pm

Watermelon... What is the point?

scrubbedexpat091 Jan 18th 2016 3:12 pm

Cherries. I usually buy a pound in the summer when they are in season.

Dorothy Jan 18th 2016 3:28 pm

Durian

Siouxie Jan 18th 2016 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 11841730)
Durian

:rofl:

Actually, if you can get past the smell it is quite delicious.

I like papaya with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. I also like kiwi fruit, rambutans, kumquots, Japanese Nashi pears, langsat, lychees, pomelo, loganberry, raspberry, blackberry, rhubarb, apples and all the usual ones.

How to pick one as a favourite??

:confused:

Oink Jan 18th 2016 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 11841715)
Watermelon... What is the point?

As a holder for the vodka.