What's for Supper?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: What's for Supper?

Originally Posted by The_Bax
That MY dinner your muscling in on

you're ok, i got inspiration from piffpoff and did a chicken and bacon pasta bake thing, got plenty left over for tomorrow's lunch now too

littletashy - iirc there's quite a few from this part of northants on the board!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:43 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Well my sausage rolls smeared with sweet chilli sauce - oh just fantastic...
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beebop
Ingredients...for Pizza

Strong flour (for bread)
Salt
Olive Oil
Fast-action Yeast
Water

Tsp - teaspoon
Tbs - tablespoon

Mix 8 fl. oz of water (warm - mix 1/3 boiling water with 2/3 cold water) with 3/4 tsp of salt and a cup of flour and two tbs of Olive Oil and beat it for 1 minute or so (I use my mixer for this and a good beating seems to make the dough lighter). Add two sachets of yeast and keep beating for another two minutes.

Add more flour slowly until you get a pliable dough (by which time you are using a spoon to mix the flour in, not the electric mixer) - turn out onto a floured board and knead for 5 minutes (you get a feel for this after a while) dough should be soft and bouncy and not taking any more flour up.

Chuck it back in the mixing bowl (oil/flour the inside 1st) put a plastic bad (tesco carrier bag!) over the top to keep the atmosphere moist and put the bowl somewhere warm for 1 hr 30 mins ish.

Turn out onto the board and gently knock the air out, pull/roll into a pizza shape and put on an oiled tray. Leave for 15 mins and then add toppings and cook at max (230 C) in the oven - 10 mins or so.

Tomato sauce - gently cook some garlic in some olive oil for a couple of mins and the add a can of tomatoes, pinch of sugar & salt, black pepper....cook down until it's a thick paste. You can add onion, fresh basil, dried basil or oregano. (I also add a pinch of Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon but I’m not sure if you can get this in Canada.)

It's quite flexible - if you want mushrooms or peppers on the pizza, cook them a bit before using as a topping.

It's all a bit experimental....only thing that can really go wrong is that you kill the yeast with the water being too hot or too cold or it was dead anyway. Dough should double in size - if it doesn't, it's gone wrong.

This will be good for your daughter as once mastered, it is a very impressive thing to do for friends!!
Shamelessly resurrecting this thread because I have made this pizza so many times now, and it's being used again to feed the pack for my daughter's birthday bash on Saturday. So, thanks again Beebop.

I was also wondering if anyone had some scrummy summer recipes to share too.....as I sit listening to the thunder in Kelowna.....?

Thanks. OKMs
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Shamelessly resurrecting this thread because I have made this pizza so many times now, and it's being used again to feed the pack for my daughter's birthday bash on Saturday. So, thanks again Beebop.

I was also wondering if anyone had some scrummy summer recipes to share too.....as I sit listening to the thunder in Kelowna.....?

Thanks. OKMs
Well done bringing this one back there are some great recpipes on here,

What do you fancy Savory or sweet ?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:27 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

What do you fancy Savory or sweet ?
Doesnt matter.
I've got my bike outside.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a salad dish that I've been addicted to recently.....

Green bean, tomato, red onion and feta cheese salad with toasted pine nuts

quantity of green beens, cooked to preference and chopped, (150-200g?)

quantity of chopped vine tomatoes, (7-8 medium)

half a medium chopped red onion

diced feta cheese (100g or thereabouts)

some toasted pine nuts,

Newman's Own balsamic vinegar with a bit of sugar and a little extra olive oil stirred in

Mix it all together and it's yummy
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:31 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

I want some of the spray salad dressing that we had in alberta

Cant find any in the uk :curse:
although with all the rain, i think we need warm dishes at the moment.

Gill
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Doesnt matter.
I've got my bike outside.
Is that so you can work it off or so you can come and get it Butch

so whats your weakness then is it Chocolate, peanut butter, cheese ?????
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Is that so you can work it off or so you can come and get it Butch

so whats your weakness then is it Chocolate, peanut butter, cheese ?????
Existentialist joke

Of the three choices I'll take the Chocolate.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Existentialist joke

Of the three choices I'll take the Chocolate.
Tell me what you like and i will see if i have something you might like
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:05 pm
Banned

Tell me what you like and i will see if i have something you might like
Fish Fingers
Steak Pudding
Decent Chips
Perogies
Poutine
White Pudding

As you can tell NOTHING healthy
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:36 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Okay everybody. I am bored cooking the same old same old. I can't remember what I used to cook, to what I cook now and when everyone comes home and says what's for supper, I am replying I dunno? What do you want? Then it's a rummage in the freezer and something boring for tea.

My family eat most everything, although hubby isn't keen on fish or lamb. Tonight I am going to do a goulash - never done one before so we'll see

I am a fair to middling cook but can't make pastry so I cheat with that.

So what are your favourite dinners?
Chicken Fajitas are great for a quick meal Winter or Summer. Preparation is quick for if you are working or can be prepared the night before. Enjoy
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Existentialist joke
I though it was brown or white?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I though it was brown or white?
Hey Souv,

At last someone else who 'understands' it.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:12 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Souv,

At last someone else who 'understands' it.
I don't. I just remember it, from about 30 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.