Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Originally Posted by dbd33
I've decided to self-medicate. If the Fuller's doesn't do the trick I'll take it in tomorrow. I can report that, after one pint, it still hurts.
If you can walk and it isn't swollen then Fullers seems a good option to me. Try adding ice packs to the knee, keep it elevated and get others to run round after you.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
If you can walk and it isn't swollen then Fullers seems a good option to me. Try adding ice packs to the knee, keep it elevated and get others to run round after you.
It's swollen but I think I was lucky. It hit the inside of the knee, the edge of the fib or tib, whichever one's large there. If it'd been higher it would have forced a path between the bones and been a real mess. The problem with taking it to a doctor is just that he or she will be full of advice "rest", "keep it raised" and the like, that I'm not going to take anyway.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's swollen but I think I was lucky. It hit the inside of the knee, the edge of the fib or tib, whichever one's large there. If it'd been higher it would have forced a path between the bones and been a real mess. The problem with taking it to a doctor is just that he or she will be full of advice "rest", "keep it raised" and the like, that I'm not going to take anyway.
Tibia, fibula is the skinny bone on the outside

I would keep away from doctors whenever possible too. But the rest and raised is good advice unless you want problems for longer
Don't forget the ice

Drs can also stick a needle in and draw off some of that fluid if it gets too tight and painful
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:56 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I almost dislocated my shoulder last week ( feel
obliged to post this seeing as my contribution so far has been to
point out Bens mishap)

was guiding the boom over someones head last week. ( forced into a quick and dirty gybe by idiot in speedboat)

got distracted and didn't let go in time, shoulder got yanked near out it's socket)
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I almost dislocated my shoulder last week ( feel
obliged to post this seeing as my contribution so far has been to
point out Bens mishap)

was guiding the boom over someones head last week. ( forced into a quick and dirty gybe by idiot in speedboat)

got distracted and didn't let go in time, shoulder got yanked near out it's socket)
oo nasty. At least you kept everyone in the boat.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is starting to look like an episode of Casualty, where I used to hide behind a cushion, as the horror of a horrible impending injury unfolded.
Glad everyone made it out alive so far
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tuppence
This thread is starting to look like an episode of Casualty, where I used to hide behind a cushion, as the horror of a horrible impending injury unfolded.
Glad everyone made it out alive so far
I used to laugh at that, when I wasn't wondering if the writer had worked at the same place I had.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:59 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Making an ash tray for my motorbike.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:25 am
Just Joined

questionguy is on a distinguished road

Asking advice about working without a visa in this forum.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:41 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Tibia, fibula is the skinny bone on the outside

I would keep away from doctors whenever possible too. But the rest and raised is good advice unless you want problems for longer
Don't forget the ice

Drs can also stick a needle in and draw off some of that fluid if it gets too tight and painful
Note there Dbd that she said DOCTORS can stick a needle in it.

Glad you're ok you silly sod, farm machinery, flying solo and bravado do not mix.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by questionguy
I think that's pretty much up there!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by questionguy
wait.............are you suggesting the response was less than constructive....noooooo surely not. I find that hard to believe
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:00 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
wait.............are you suggesting the response was less than constructive....noooooo surely not. I find that hard to believe
The funny thing is, those who condone that are most likely those who become irate when illegal immigrants work in the UK
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
The funny thing is, those who condone that are most likely those who become irate when illegal immigrants work in the UK
wait.............are you suggesting there are illegal immigrants working in the UK.....noooooo surely not. I find that hard to believe.

I didn't actually read the original thread to condone it or not. But to be clear, I paid a lot of money to get PR with fees and medicals so not in favour of people side stepping it!!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
I didn't actually read the original thread to condone it or not. But to be clear, I paid a lot of money to get PR with fees and medicals so not in favour of people side stepping it!!
I read it and thought the posters who objected to the idea of the OP's working for cash in Canada spiteful. The idea of being willing to call the authorities was, I thought, as disgraceful an idea as I've seen expressed on this board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.