Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What would make you leave Canada?

Wikiposts

What would make you leave Canada?

Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:08 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of
Default Re: What would make you leave Canada?

I'm heading off later this year (assuming the house sells). The Bahamas are calling.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:13 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
I'm heading off later this year (assuming the house sells). The Bahamas are calling.
Niiiiice.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the bucket woman
Is there anything that would make you leave Canada?
To go where?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
I never used to consider the possibility, but if the cost of living keeps rising and the right job came up in the right place I would consider, primarily in order to be closer to family.

Odds are strong though that I'll stay here. Unless the job situation goes for a crap.
This is the bottom line. I have moved all over the World, not by choice but to follow the work. Being in the engineering fields, contracts come and contracts end and they are not all in the same country. Makes for an interesting life but can get a bit much.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:51 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
This is the bottom line. I have moved all over the World, not by choice but to follow the work. Being in the engineering fields, contracts come and contracts end and they are not all in the same country. Makes for an interesting life but can get a bit much.
I used to be in that line (WS Atkins, when it was still an engineering company). My trips were never more than a month, although I made a lot of them. I think I racked up 35 countries in six years. A lot of guys did extended contracts overseas. The divorce rate in that company was high, to say the least.