Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What smelly tree is in your car .........

What smelly tree is in your car .........

Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:35 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default What smelly tree is in your car .........

I used to use the cherry smelling one - last week smelled Black Ice - and voila - my tree is now black.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What smelly tree is in your car .........

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I used to use the cherry smelling one - last week smelled Black Ice - and voila - my tree is now black.
Whatever you've been drinking clearly isn't a good idea.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:02 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Whatever you've been drinking clearly isn't a good idea.
Nothing, I think that what the problem is.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing, I think that what the problem is.
Yes I can understand that.

So what are you planning to do with your Black tree?

<looks up psychiatric emergency services for rural alberta>
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

Yes I can understand that.

So what are you planning to do with your Black tree?

<looks up psychiatric emergency services for rural alberta>
Smell it until it becomes a crap piece of cardboard hanging on the rear view mirror.

I might get another one, not thought that far ahead yet.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:43 am
Born again atheist

Smell it until it becomes a crap piece of cardboard hanging on the rear view mirror.

I might get another one, not thought that far ahead yet.
I think I see. a "smelly tree" is some Alberta thing that you hang off your rear view mirror?

Am I close?

Are they available throughout Alberta or do you have to go to the Tar Sands to find them?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I use the blue tree "New car smell"

It smells nothing like any new car I've ever been in but I do like it because it doesn't remind me of some sickly sweet fruity nonsense.

Oh, and I hate when they are swinging from mirrors, so I tuck mine behind the passenger sun visor. Not like it will ever get used in Glasgow, we never see the sun
Old Dec 9th 2011, 11:00 am
Sawdust making harpy

I think I see. a "smelly tree" is some Alberta thing that you hang off your rear view mirror?

Am I close?

Are they available throughout Alberta or do you have to go to the Tar Sands to find them?
I thought they were everywhere?????

Alberta could bring out a tar sands one - nothing like the smell of bitchumen (sp?) to make your journey relaxing and pleasant.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:50 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Smelly trees have been Banned from Mr Piffs prides and joys! We always used to have the black ice ones, but this summer it was noted by Mr Piff that the company that makes them have been putting more smell on them, so when it gets hot, the trees leak ALL OVER THE DASH and then the leaky stuff takes away the top surface off the dash NO MORE SMELLY TREES!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I have the Cherry one, although I have to hide it everytime my friend is in the car as she can't stand the smell. In the UK I used to like the green ones, but the green ones here don't smell the same
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Smelly trees have been Banned from Mr Piffs prides and joys! We always used to have the black ice ones, but this summer it was noted by Mr Piff that the company that makes them have been putting more smell on them, so when it gets hot, the trees leak ALL OVER THE DASH and then the leaky stuff takes away the top surface off the dash NO MORE SMELLY TREES!
Hmmm probably buy one a couple of weeks before the summer arrives - by then some of the juices will have evaported - leaving just a hint which will squeeze out as vapour when it gets hot
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:40 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm probably buy one a couple of weeks before the summer arrives - by then some of the juices will have evaported - leaving just a hint which will squeeze out as vapour when it gets hot
No, they are too dangerous to car interiors, alternatives are to be purchased in future, can't think what's being used at the moment, could be a tree now it's cold or it could be something else.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:17 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
No, they are too dangerous to car interiors, alternatives are to be purchased in future, can't think what's being used at the moment, could be a tree now it's cold or it could be something else.
Could someone please post a link to whatever TF it is you're all talking about? Just to put me out of my misery of not having any trees in my car (or as far as I know anything remotely similar).
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Dec 9th 2011, 7:34 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Oh. Why's it shaped like a tree and what does black ice smell like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.