Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What Pop Concerts do you remember attending?

What Pop Concerts do you remember attending?

Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Pop Concerts do you remember attending?

Originally Posted by Shard
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. And you're right, Jagger no matter how old and wrinkly seems to sparkle so much more. Did you hear the song "Moves like Jagger" (Maroon Five) from a few years ago, you might like that one.

Love that song, lol // and this is a great video .. featuring the one and only himself

Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MillieF
How very much I agree...the Sainted Brian May quite gives me the pip these days...I don’t feel the same about a geriatric Jagger!

Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Found these a while ago, that’s not even a fraction of how I spent the 80’s.

favourite back then was U2, Big Country and The Alarm at Hammersmith Palais.

Favourite last year was Sam Smith

Tastes have changed somewhat. Am heading to Oregon in August to see Josh Groban, and going to Denver in June to see Rob Thomas.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:59 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

Found these a while ago, that’s not even a fraction of how I spent the 80’s.

favourite back then was U2, Big Country and The Alarm at Hammersmith Palais.

Favourite last year was Sam Smith

Tastes have changed somewhat. Am heading to Oregon in August to see Josh Groban, and going to Denver in June to see Rob Thomas.
I used to like The Alarm and Bauhaus too, though it's a long time since I've heard their music. Saw The Clash (once, not three times). Tastes do change though. A good 50% of my LP collection is unlistenable ! My fave of late is a group Jingsamatchy recommended, The War On Drugs.

P.S. You need to have a word with Marie Kondo.

Last edited by Shard; Mar 11th 2019 at 10:01 am.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. You need to have a word with Marie Kondo.
But...but...they bring me joy

I saw The Clash 5 times. King, Sade, Paul Young, OMD, Erasure, U2 early on 3 times till they got mammoth and Bono became insufferable,. To this day, I love live music. It’s very spendy now though
Old Mar 12th 2019, 7:24 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

But...but...they bring me joy

I saw The Clash 5 times. King, Sade, Paul Young, OMD, Erasure, U2 early on 3 times till they got mammoth and Bono became insufferable,. To this day, I love live music. It’s very spendy now though
I've been surprised by learning on here that people see acts multiple times. I've seen a few twice, but somehow I had the idea that once you've seen a band musician play live, that's enough.

Old Mar 12th 2019, 9:10 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been surprised by learning on here that people see acts multiple times. I've seen a few twice, but somehow I had the idea that once you've seen a band musician play live, that's enough.
Try telling that to Bowie fans...
Old Mar 12th 2019, 9:12 am
Yo

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Try telling that to Bowie fans...
It's understandable with "idol" type musicians, actually. Bowie, MJ, Madonna, etc..
Old Mar 12th 2019, 9:59 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

It's understandable with "idol" type musicians, actually. Bowie, MJ, Madonna, etc..
Sorry, my post was a bit tongue in cheek .

It's not just the idols/superstars/dinosaurs(?), many bands evolve, metamorphose, and some others don't - Simple Minds comes to mind here, seen them once, hence "been there, done that".

Take XTC for instance, I've only seen them once, which I regret as I've followed them from the White Music/Go 2 days through English Settlement/Nonsuch up to the Apple Venus/Wasp Star, a whole spectrum of music, and the whole spectrum still gets regular airings here.

I've only seen ZZ Top once as well (Montreux), will I ever have another chance? I'm not going to Vegas next month...
Old Mar 12th 2019, 10:04 am
Yo

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Sorry, my post was a bit tongue in cheek .

It's not just the idols/superstars/dinosaurs(?), many bands evolve, metamorphose, and some others don't - Simple Minds comes to mind here, seen them once, hence "been there, done that".

Take XTC for instance, I've only seen them once, which I regret as I've followed them from the White Music/Go 2 days through English Settlement/Nonsuch up to the Apple Venus/Wasp Star, a whole spectrum of music, and the whole spectrum still gets regular airings here.

I've only seen ZZ Top once as well (Montreux), will I ever have another chance? I'm not going to Vegas next month...
Oh I think I would see ZZ Top a number of times !! Regret that I never have.

XTC! XTC!! They are one of those whatever happened to X groups IMO. I thought they were a one hit wonder. And I can't even recall the hit!
​​​​​
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I think I would see ZZ Top a number of times !! Regret that I never have.

XTC! XTC!! They are one of those whatever happened to X groups IMO. I thought they were a one hit wonder. And I can't even recall the hit!
​​​​​
Making Plans for Nigel.

I've seen Bowie, Floyd, Joe Jackson, Yes, some others, multiple times.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:13 am
Yo

Originally Posted by dbd33
Making Plans for Nigel.

I've seen Bowie, Floyd, Joe Jackson, Yes, some others, multiple times.
That's the one ! We only want what's best for him...

Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the one ! We only want what's best for him...
I played it to the crowd in the office last week, part of the educating the locals series. Yesterday it was Common People.

I think the band I've seen most often must be the Q Tips. Paul Young was the singer, it seemed like they were the house band at the Marquee.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:25 am
Yo

Originally Posted by dbd33
I played it to the crowd in the office last week, part of the educating the locals series. Yesterday it was Common People.

I think the band I've seen most often must be the Q Tips. Paul Young was the singer, it seemed like they were the house band at the Marquee.
You are David Brent.

AICM £5
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

You are David Brent.

AICM £5
We're all David Brent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.