Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What goodies do you miss from the uk??

What goodies do you miss from the uk??

Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:11 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What goodies do you miss from the uk??

Originally Posted by iaink
Could you squeeze Graeme Garden into your case? we could use all the doctors we can get...

Bill Oddie would probably be an easier fit though
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:18 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
Could you squeeze Graeme Garden into your case? we could use all the doctors we can get...

Bill Oddie would probably be an easier fit though

i was thinking of putting the kids in the suitcase
that way i get a peaceful flight
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:22 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

After a good think, well it has been 3 years now.

Thomas the Baker with all there sausage rolls n pasties id kill for a vanilla slice.
When the rellies have brougt over some jaffa cakes I have been known to hide in the cupboard and stuff me face away from prying eyes lol.

Im just about over the heinz beans thing the uk ones I had recently were just so sweet.
The Deodrant thing pees me off too, you seen how much Impulse is here.

The chocolate thing I dont mind as much as now I eat so much less, well im still working my way through some Cadburys fruit n nut a friend donated.

I also miss the local Butchers where you could get just so much more choice than here.

Crisps being called Crisps and Quavers, Hula Hoops, Cheese n Onion sandwiches I refuse to pay the prices here in our local expat shop.

Malted hot chocolate on a winters eve, ive only ever seen the origional malt drink here.

The worst craving has to be Fish n Chips with peas and curry sauce, and a decent delivery Indian takeaway.Although before we saw Oasis on Sat night we went for one Downtown Calgary wich hit the spot.Wish I could have ordered the whole menu tho.

Oh my gawd my mouth is now watering im off to Starbucks for a Decaf Latte actually sod it il get a Mocha.

So guys stock your containers up with all your faves.

Is anyone taking orders ?? Please ??

Mrs Minihaha x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:25 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

ALI

Give us your order, make sure it is not that large or heavy and ill add them in our case for you my dear
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:35 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moondevil
ALI

Give us your order, make sure it is not that large or heavy and ill add them in our case for you my dear

Oh youve done it now, Gill il pm you my order lol ,just the usual Jaffa Cakes and Walkers maybe a small jar of Branston Pickle oh my gawd I cant stop now.

xx will pm you soon after I go lay down xx
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

It's so regional, I can get most things on this list that you lot are pining for. EXCEPT BLOODY MALT LOAF
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:57 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
It's so regional, I can get most things on this list that you lot are pining for. EXCEPT BLOODY MALT LOAF
Oh for goodness sakes.

PM me your address I send you a BLOODY MALT LOAF.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Oh for goodness sakes.

I might take you up on your offer kind sir. Minus the blood though.

I just googled a recipe and this one looks promising. If it doesn't work out, I'll get that bank loan in your name and we can splash out on some Soreen
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

I really miss Tesco on line shopping
i miss the smell of Lenor
revels (although found some in bulk barn and sherbet fountains)
lucozade
macaroni pies mmmmm
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:40 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to brag or anything but the mother-in-law arrived yesterday and opened up her suitcase and handed me a box (yes a box!) of 60 curly wurlys. I caved in immediately and said she could visit again if she wanted to!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Oh for goodness sakes.

Do you do mail order to Australia?
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I don't want to brag or anything but the mother-in-law arrived yesterday and opened up her suitcase and handed me a box (yes a box!) of 60 curly wurlys. I caved in immediately and said she could visit again if she wanted to!

Ahh, the "she broke like a wet Kit Kat" school of thought. Actually, mmmm, Kit Kat's....

(wanders off, muttering and salivating ... )
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

An advert in this week's Okotoks paper for Sandul's pharmacy in Black Diamond:

Sandul's Pharmacy is excited to bring you "The Tastes You've Missed From Home"

Visit our confectionary and grocery import line...featuring just to mention a few:

Jaffa Cake
Cadbury Flake
Dairy Milk Buttons
Hula Hoops
English Marmalades and Mustards
English, Irish and Scottish Teas
Blackberry and Gooseberry Jams
Heinz Mushy Peas
Dolly Mix

It also says they "welcome special requests!"

Haven't been over there to look, so I have no idea what the prices are like, but suspect if it is anything like the British shop in the South Centre, it won't be cheap!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Decent washing powder - how i miss Ariel

There is a store in Calgary that sells Persil but at $92 a box!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I dont want a whole chippy..............................
just pudding peas chips and gravy
I miss chip shop gravy and I'm still in the UK. Can't seem to get it down here in Northants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.