Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What do you laugh at or find funny that you know you shouldn't?

What do you laugh at or find funny that you know you shouldn't?

Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you laugh at or find funny that you know you shouldn't?

Last week in West Ed Mall, we (me, husb, stepson, daughter ((18 over from England) and her friend) were strolling through marvelling at the many places to spend money, when, out of the blue, a random woman fell off her bench.

She was a larger girl with a honking great backpack on, and her and her buddy had obviously decided to take a breather from all the shopping.

She literally just went from normally sitting, to falling backwards off the bench (no she didn't faint or anything). Subsequently getting wedged between the bench and the glass partition behind her and all you could hear her say was "ooooooow".

Now, everyone around was just red in the face trying not to laugh out loud and be polite Canadians, however my not as polite English daughter just lost it, burst out laughing to the point where she couldn't walk she was laughing so much - which in turn set everyone else off (me included).

I did feel sorry for the girl (who seemed perfectly fine btw after she got up) and felt pretty bad for laughing out loud - but I think it was one of those times it just explodes from you and theres bugger all you can do
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do you laugh at or find funny that you know you shouldn't?

My OH fell down the stairs once (he only slipped down a couple before people think I watched him tumble down 4 flights or something!) and I was that busy laughing that I didn't notice he had dislocated his shoulder! To say I felt awful after is a bit of an understatement so I now try to control myself a bit!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:57 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I also find fat people falling funny. Don't really know why. Maybe it's the perception of safety (not necessarily to others) where their padding helps them avoid physical injury.

Two other occasions stand out when i laughed so hard i nearly puked:

1, watching my best friend have a football kicked extremely hard into his knackers with him doubling over and not being able to move for at least 10 minutes. That's always funny.

2, Morphine combined with gas and air induced laughter when i was being cut out of my bike leathers with a smashed up body. The way i could hear my voice cracked me up more and more. Actually, for the medical bods, why is it that your voice sounds weird on that stuff?

Last edited by el_richo; Oct 15th 2010 at 10:08 am.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh yeah! Gas and Air is Brilliant!!!! I was adamant that I could walk to the ambulance when I broke my leg and found it highly amusing that they were strapping me to a stretcher!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 10:09 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linz3112
Oh yeah! Gas and Air is Brilliant!!!! I was adamant that I could walk to the ambulance when I broke my leg and found it highly amusing that they were strapping me to a stretcher!
I reckon they should start selling little canisters of it in pubs.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Definitely! They could make a fortune out of the stuff!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:09 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't control my laughter when my husband fell down the stairs once too. This was at home however so no one other than me saw him. We had just had a new mattress delivered and had just unwrapped it and put it on our bed. He was taking the plastic wrapping downstairs when he slipped (he blames the dog for sitting on the stairs), slid all the way down and somehow ended up right inside the plastic wrapping! I just couldn't stop myself laughing, so much so that I wasn't even able to go and help him up! Fortunately he wasn't hurt; just perturbed that I was laughing so much when he could have been hurt. Makes me smile just thinking about it now!!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

The Souvy paint roller / nipple incident.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Crestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really niceCrestfallen is just really nice

When the mother in Law got her mobility scooter wedged on a Kerb in the magic Kingdom in Florida.

Instead of using one of the dropped kerbs she decided that driving it off of a full height kerb would be a good idea. Then instead of just getting off the scooter and lifting it off the kerb, she just sat there revving it, so that the wheels were just spinning! brilliant.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:29 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Crestfallen
When the mother in Law got her mobility scooter wedged on a Kerb in the magic Kingdom in Florida.

Instead of using one of the dropped kerbs she decided that driving it off of a full height kerb would be a good idea. Then instead of just getting off the scooter and lifting it off the kerb, she just sat there revving it, so that the wheels were just spinning! brilliant.
Brilliant
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I giggled at yesterday's headline that went something like "Stiff sentence for scaffold deaths'
Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:20 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Git.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Three of us giggling at a mate's wedding in a small church. All biting our own tongues and lips in an effort to stop and occasionally succeeding, but seeing one or both of the others still at it and being set off again.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I just laughed out loud in the office thinking about this ... thank goodness I don't share my office with anyone else!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

My OH horse riding infront of me (in an arena) falling sideways and ended up on the ground (gentle landing). Then the horse decided I have had enough I'm off, and set off at pace, however this caught hubby unaware as one of his feet was still in the stirups, what resulted was a rodeo style stunt man episode where he was dragged around the entire arena on his back with one foot caught, shouting WHOA THERE, WHOA THERE!! I know I should have been concerned but I laughed so much I couldn't stand up

When he is getting on my wick I remember this moment and have a little smile to myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.