Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What to do with a small pot of money

What to do with a small pot of money

Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:31 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with a small pot of money

el_richo, you are a fine fellow & was interesting debating the topic with you.

This has been an interesting thread for me about the up to date thinking of investors & how they would deal with [or consider] a small pot of money

My last post to this thread, i'll end it with the following ....OP, are you still on board?

Real estate vs. the stock market - MoneySense

Back to my armchair.....let the young folks run with it

Last edited by not2old; Jun 29th 2015 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:35 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Right, here's a summary about what you're going to do with your small pot of money:
  • Buy a double decker
  • Equip it with a well-stocked bar and toilet
  • Pick us all up
  • Take us to Vegas for a few days
  • Then take us to our new home in France
Do you think Novo has enough room for us?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:38 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

This has been an interesting thread for me about the up to date thinking of investors & how they would deal with [or consider] a small pot of money

My last post to this thread, i'll end it with the following ....OP, are you still on board?

The goal remains both rather than an either. Pay of your home and have a pot of money in the bank to live off. I don't think you can rely on anyone else to look after you.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:16 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

Even more frightening. I can't be arsed to even point out all the glaring mistakes, falsehoods, and miscalculations in her article. It's shocking that's in a financial publication yet not so shocking that people believe it.

And people wonder what feeds real estate bubbles.

I've decided to retract my previous thoughts and am now going with Greenhills suggestions.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 1:47 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Do you think Novo has enough room for us?
If the dead plumber is removed and the mess is cleaned up, it shouldn't be too bad. Regardless, his homemade acid has "leaked" into the water supply, so everything will be sweet potato fries and Tottenham in the champions league
Old Jun 30th 2015, 2:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'd spend it on a holiday.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 4:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Personally I'd say it was an amount that would make a big difference to the lives of the person with it.

We could upgrade our bathroom , shower room & kitchen. We could both have a UK trip together to see family and pals. Only MrBEVS ever gets to go. Then keep the rest for a rainy day.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 5:24 am
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, el richo, for your honest comments and not2old for the lively discussion. Off to France but it'd have to be an old VW to carry the lot a'ya