Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What do accents say to you

What do accents say to you

Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:14 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do accents say to you

I like whatever accent my wife tells me i like
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

I wonder if any other country similar in size to the UK, has so many different accents within. Even where I live, I can take a 5 minute drive to Bonnybridge and the accent is totally different, ken?
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Id better stay out of this thread
Being removed from all of the local dialects or only hearing them once in a blue moon over the last 24 years you tend to forget what they sound like.
I was at a baseball game a couple of weeks ago and there was a female Londoner sat behind me and next to her OH. After about an hour I seriously considered leaving after listening to that accent
I mean when talking to a female who is really good looking even a scouse or geordie accent can sound sexy.
There again I dont base all my interactions on accents because if I did a lot of people would be refused entry into Canada
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa View Post
was that meant to be German?
In a 'Allo 'Allo sort of way. woodworm is German.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink View Post
I’m usually only interested in the content rather than the style of speech. That said, I find the American/Canadian accent to be the most grating. It sounds like they’ve all had mild strokes.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:37 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Howayowerheorhinny.

If the speaker had the requisite charms that could work for me.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE View Post
Howayowerheorhinny.

If the speaker had the requisite charms that could work for me.
Music, sheer music.

Whey aye pet, gissus a feel o' yeor tits.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate strong Glasgow accents.

For example...

Me - "You are not old enough to be drinking tonic wine"
Ned - "aye am urr"... "geez a fag or al bust ye"

Me - "Is that your dog fouling the grass?"
We Jimmy - "HEY ANNE-MARIE!, YUR DUGS DONE A BIG SHITE OAN THE GRESS! HAW HAW HAW! YA BEAUTY!"

Me - "Are you going to clean up that bottle I just saw you smash?"
4 year old - "wizznay me ya prick!"

....... better go check my ECAS eh
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
In a 'Allo 'Allo sort of way. woodworm is German.
oh nooo.. you ratted me out
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:43 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa View Post
I hate strong Glasgow accents.
It may have something to do with you - "Only Sober man in Glasgow"
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hawk13 View Post
It may have something to do with you - "Only Sober man in Glasgow"
You may be on to something there
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

The OH is Canadian and I have had this topic with him a few times. I'm just glad to think that most people across the world find the British accent sexy...thats if it is understood!

Fave UK accent: Geordie
Fave accent by men: The Oirish although do like Dutch too
Fave accent by women: French

Worst accent in the world and not just the UK: Brummie - good for if you want to sleep...the droning effect is awesome!
Worst accent by men: Aussie Men - it's all just mumbles most of the time
Worst accent by women: German
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:03 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
Music, sheer music.

Whey aye pet, gissus a feel o' yeor tits.
But that is more South Shields. We are less subtle on the Durham side.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:12 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by woodworm View Post
oh nooo.. you ratted me out
Be proud. Die leitende Deutscherin in Neu Schottland.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 19th 2012 at 12:14 am.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:03 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite UK accent...Londoner
Favorite Male...Southern Irish
Favorite Women..Southern Irish

See where i'm going here

Worst accent for a man...Aussie, dear god i'd need drugs to cope with that.
Worst accent for a women...Canadian, high pitched fake voices that sound like children on helium...some women here need slapped with a shovel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.