Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What didn't you tell your parents about?

Wikiposts

What didn't you tell your parents about?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What didn't you tell your parents about?

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
OK substitute 'paedophile' for 'male adult person who deliberately places his genitals on display to small children'

Forgive my ignorance here but can male adults really get off from small children looking at their genitals? Maybe I malfunction but I've never felt the slightest frission.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:13 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Forgive my ignorance here but can male adults really get off from small children looking at their genitals? Maybe I malfunction but I've never felt the slightest frission.
Yes, and it can give you cancer too.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:15 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

When I was 9 or 10 maybe, my friend told me that my eldest brother and her brother used to smoke cigarettes. They were three years older than us.

I never told.

Sometime later I was a bit surprised to hear my mum chatting to a friend of hers, saying that none of us smoked.

I still didn't tell.

When I was about 13 I was walking with said brother on holiday in France, when he said he was dying for a smoke. I expect he said it for effect, cos when I didn't react he asked me why I wasn't shocked, and I airily replied .... "Oh I've known for years!"

He was annoyed to learn that my friend had told me what was supposed to be a secret, and probably surprised to learn that I hadn't told anyone, as I am known to be a bit of a blabber-mouth!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Confession should be cathartic they say, so here goes....

When I was 10 or 11, my dad had just bought a brand new car, his pride and joy a jaguar; any it developed a scratch down one door.

Enter big brother (17) who had just got a scooter, Dad was furious, brother adamantly denied any knowledge of the scratch. :curse: Big brother had keys to his scooter removed for a week and was grounded.

Ooops SORRY but I scratched the car with the handle of my bike ..... Sorry all ... never did tell anyone it was me; and now Dad is not with us anymore and certainly wont be telling big brother as he is now furious with me for leaving him (now 52)!

Last edited by manghams; Jan 23rd 2008 at 2:17 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:18 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes it is a precursor to touching
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:25 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I was once groped by a friend of my grandmother's when he took me for a trip on his yacht. Another friend of his was on board but didn't witness the incident. I was 16.

This silly man came up behind me and put his hand around me on my "chest". Horror-struck I jerked my elbow back into him, and he withdrew (as it were) quickly. When I turned around he had Gin and Tonic dripping down his face, from his glass which he'd been holding in his other hand.

I don't remember saying anything, but went and sat at the other end of the boat, debating trying to swim to shore, but deciding he probably wouldn't try again. I wasn't really frightened. I just thought the whole episode was very silly, and ruined what had been a nice day out!

I never told my parents because I didn't think it was worth upsetting them, and damaging the friendship of this guy and my grandmother. I don't know how my dad would have reacted. I'm sure he'd have been furious and raised a stink. I just thought it was a shame.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Jan 23rd 2008 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:25 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
What a ridiculous story......sorry, but how the heck d'you know he was a paedophile? If wearing baggy pants without underwear is the definition, then it fits hundreds, possibly thousands of men and women!
The fact that you do not believe me is irrelevant other than to highlight one of the reasons why kids don't tell their parents things ("What a ridiculous story")
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:29 pm
riding the saltchuck

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I was once groped by a friend of my grandmother's when he took me for a trip on his yaght. Another friend of his was on board but didn't witness the incident. I was 16.

This silly man came up behind me and put his hand around me on my "chest". Horror-struck I jerked my elbow back into him, and he withdrew (as it were) quickly. When I turned around he had Gin and Tonic dripping down his face, from his glass which he'd been holding in his other hand.

I don't remember saying anything, but went and sat at the other end of the boat, debating trying to swim to shore, but deciding he probably wouldn't try again. I wasn't really frightened. I just thought the whole episode was very silly, and ruined what had been a nice day out!

I never told my parents because I didn't think it was worth upsetting them, and damaging the friendship of this guy and my grandmother. I don't know how my dad would have reacted. I'm sure he'd have been furious and raised a stink. I just thought it was a shame.
He was old enough to know better!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty

About 40 years later we were reminiscing and I said about how much fun it was to watch the doctor stitching P's eye after he fell out of the tree.......

Mum was livid. We were all told off as if it had just happened. The boys werent pleased that the little girl had told on them. Amazing, middle aged people feeling like kids again.

It was a nice rock too.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:33 pm
little snowy owl

He was old enough to know better!
Yup.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Good God, isn't there a therapy thingy for this stuff somewhere in Canada?

I would like to add that like all normal boys in those days (and indeed normal gals, i suppose), nothing of the slightest interest happened to me until I was lucky enough to accompany Sheila Whitfield to the Spanish City. (long since demolished, perhaps for the good).
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Some years back, 89 I think, I was car less but with a license. My parents were going out of town and had two cars. I pleaded and was told I could use my mother's car over the weekend but only to get to work and no more. So off I went to their place, picked up the keys and went home.

Took the car to work. Took the car to see friends. I was driving around all over the place with it.

Come sunday night I parked outside my place, slammed the car shut only to realize I've locked the keys inside. My parents returning the next day had the spare keys at their apartment but I didn't have keys to get in there.

So I called a friend who lived near by to ask him help me open the car as he had special knowledge in doing such things, to put it politely. Then I figured it was a bad idea so told him not to bother.

As this was something we usually did up by the summer house and we then called the police for help I figured I call them. I'm in a big city, end of a weekend. Dispatcher says sorry, all available cars are at an accident on a high way.

A couple of hours later I called the police again. Still not able to send me help. What the dispatcher did was give me very clear instruction on how to break in to the vehicle and what tools to use. I kid you not! The police gave me instructions on how to, in effect, commit grand theft auto. They even said that they'd put a note in the system that if anyone called in to report a breaking and entering of a car at that address, they should ignore it.

Armed with suggested tools I headed back down. Followed the instructions and succeeded retrieving the keys out of the car without making a mark on it.

Next day I returned the car, thanked my mother for the se of it and never mentioned a word about me drag racing up and down the main strip etc. (It had been owned by a stock car racer who had tuned the engine quite a lot so it was a fun car to drive.) Nor did I say anything about having locked the keys in to the car and all that.

A couple of months ago we were talking about various stupid things and I old them. Oh yes, I got a telling off. Just as daft batty said, it's amazing how your parents can make you feel like kids despite you being 40 something.

On the other hand, if anyone needs any help breaking in to a Volvo 240 series I know just the trick.

I'm still amazed the police actually did that.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:25 pm
riding the saltchuck

From PM's I have received I see that I have unintenionally stirred up painful memories for some folks. Maybe this should be closed now, but if anyone wishes to PM me I will listen.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

When I was little I had a close encounter with a redcoat at Butlins who was a paedophile. I was with another kid in the swimming pool when she went off to go on the slide or something and I was holding on to the rail at the side of the pool.
This guy came and stood at the side of the pool right above me with his toes over the edge and I looked up and saw that he had baggy white shorts with no underpants underneath.
i didnt tell my parent that id left home and moved in with my new boyfriend
(i did end up marrying him) i was 19
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:52 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Not me but a friend's sister... told her rather old-fashioned and very strictly observant Catholic parents that she and "emma" were going to move in together to share a place. "That's nice dear. Cut down your costs a bit. Is she nice?" etc, etc. Turned out (many months later) that Emma was actually Emyr. Still together, still not married

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.