Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What did you do that you wouldn't do now?

What did you do that you wouldn't do now?

Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:42 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you do that you wouldn't do now?

These?

This?

Or both?

Originally Posted by Oink
I've had some bad experiences combining Special Brew and discos.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:45 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I had a very boozy night which ended with someone suggesting I down two pints of navy rum and I decided it was a good idea and drank them. Followed this up by trying to cycle home from the pub
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:47 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I had a very boozy night which ended with someone suggesting I down two pints of navy rum and I decided it was a good idea and drank them. Followed this up by trying to cycle home from the pub
Fair play - Did you make it home somehow though ?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:59 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I never was a fan of pernod but had a smiliar experience on Yates Wine Lodge Aussie White (it was actually a mix of sweet white wine and Brandy if I rememebr correctly).

I actually quite liked the stuff in moderation but after a bottle and a half one night couldn't stand the smell/taste of it for quite some time - and I think post #5 above was the outcome that night !

Dunno if you can still get it and would give it a try for nostalgia sake
Yates!! Leicester Christmas 1972, Several glasses of white port then a congo through some fancy store and a dance in the town hall fountain. Then a spirited run back to college, the local constabulary joined in the chase but I lost them by hiding in the ladies loos.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:18 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
Fair play - Did you make it home somehow though ?
I did but woke up next morning with a bump on my head and bits of branch in my hair and no recollection of what happened on the way home and how I got to bed
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:43 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Yates!! Leicester Christmas 1972, Several glasses of white port then a congo through some fancy store and a dance in the town hall fountain. Then a spirited run back to college, the local constabulary joined in the chase but I lost them by hiding in the ladies loos.
Did this actually happen, or, after necking the port, did you just end up watching an episode of the Benny Hill show?...
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by cjones
Did this actually happen, or, after necking the port, did you just end up watching an episode of the Benny Hill show?...
Lol I've now got a vision of that going on with the Benny Hill music going a long
Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:38 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Push your bike to the top of a very steep hill, and then ride down it as fast as possible.
Still do that but take the chairlift up and the bike has 8" of suspension.

Drinking and driving comes to mind but the worst was borrowing a set of lights off the top of a cop car - got in major shit for that one.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:58 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

It happened. It was winter and we were clothed. Yates then was old school with benches and grime and passes out tramps.

Benny Hill, ffs.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:15 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God...Yates in Leicester! That brings forth a few memories best forgotten! Some invoving the dreadful Pernod! I was born in The Poplars in Leicester.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:25 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

It happened. It was winter and we were clothed. Yates then was old school with benches and grime and passes out tramps.

Benny Hill, ffs.
I'm sorry but the damage is done. From now on, whenever I read any of your posts, they're forever going to be accompanied by "that" music.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:26 pm
limey party pooper

I'm sorry but the damage is done. From now on, whenever I read any of your posts, they're forever going to be accompanied by "that" music.
I'm sorry for the earworm.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:21 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I used to wear short shorts, not a hope in hell these days. My pernod moment was two large brandy balloons of southern comfort, seemed like a good idea, couldnt touch the stuff for a year or so and then became imune to the stuff.

The last time I got seriously trollied was about ten years ago

I also used to ride my RD350 at full throttle everywhere too, then I had a kid.
Where does the time go.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I used to wear short shorts, not a hope in hell these days. My pernod moment was two large brandy balloons of southern comfort, seemed like a good idea, couldnt touch the stuff for a year or so and then became imune to the stuff.

The last time I got seriously trollied was about ten years ago

I also used to ride my RD350 at full throttle everywhere too, then I had a kid.
Where does the time go.
RD 350, now that takes me back .
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:53 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my student room mates were probably responsible for the apparent shortage of road signs and traffic cones in the Sheffield are in the early 90's. For some reason after a few pints of snakebite and black we thought they made great student digs decorations

On the plus side, I let my Dad have a few of the traffic cones for his football team training.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.