British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   What class are you? ;) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/what-class-you-%3B-792741/)

Jingsamichty Apr 3rd 2013 12:18 pm

What class are you? ;)

Let's play the BBC Magazine Class Calculator!

Take the test here

cheeky_monkey Apr 3rd 2013 12:34 pm

Re: What class are you? ;)

Apparently im technical middle class..that's because they didnt have getting pissed down the pub and fighting on the street as a choice so i chose going to the gym instead:thumbup:

geo4 Apr 3rd 2013 12:42 pm

I'm elite. Surprisingly.

Mikeypm Apr 3rd 2013 12:43 pm

Established Middle Class was my result which didn't suprise me

Miss Clinique Apr 3rd 2013 12:45 pm

The test said Elite. Dont think I would have choosen elite my self.

Anway. I am off to the Mall shopping to buy clothes for the yacht we have chartered to sail around the Saronic islands next month for 3 weeks. If I was really elite, surely I would have a personal shopper :confused:

Jingsamichty Apr 3rd 2013 12:46 pm

Oh my word! Elite!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A council house boy from Dundee, currently living in a draughty portacabin, with muddy work boots and a hole in the arse of my jeans. Doesn't feel very Elite!

Animal Apr 3rd 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 10637997)
Apparently im technical middle class..that's because they didnt have getting pissed down the pub and fighting on the street as a choice so i chose going to the gym instead:thumbup:

Sounds familiar :)

I'm technical middle class also.

Howefamily Apr 3rd 2013 12:50 pm

me too, technical middle class

BristolUK Apr 3rd 2013 12:51 pm

I did it for when I was in the UK and came out as a New Affluent Worker.

Then I did it for now and I'm Traditional Working class.

It's all a bit weird.The only real change is I don't work now, so that lowered the income. But I went back through again and input my UK income and I stayed in the TWC.

I've done it a few times with the same answers except going to gigs.

If I go I'm a new affluent worker, if I don't go I'm traditional working class. :confused:

BristolUK Apr 3rd 2013 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 10638018)
Oh my word! Elite!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A council house boy from Dundee, currently living in a draughty portacabin, with muddy work boots and a hole in the arse of my jeans. Doesn't feel very Elite!

It must be a 'designer' hole.

geo4 Apr 3rd 2013 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 10638015)
The test said Elite. Dont think I would have choosen elite my self.

Anway. I am off to the Mall shopping to buy clothes for the yacht we have chartered to sail around the Saronic islands next month for 3 weeks. If I was really elite, surely I would have a personal shopper :confused:

LMAO I was the same.

Interestingly, when in the UK I would have considered my social circle to include cleaners and farmers from drinking in the local Pub. I noted here in Toronto it is more University professors and accountants (this no doubt skewed my score upward!).

It does makes me yearn for my local back in the UK a bit. :(

Ex-pat Apr 3rd 2013 1:04 pm

According to the test I am in the lowest group.
The silly B's never asked me but I do know a high court judge and many of my friends are multi millionaires. Just as well I do not believe in all this twaddle. Just a big joke.

I consider myself Elite :)

ann m Apr 3rd 2013 1:05 pm

Before I read it, I would have picked technical middle class. The survey says Elite, which is a laugh. But it did like the fact we owned a home and went to watch dance and theatre, which is nice.

Piff Poff Apr 3rd 2013 2:02 pm

I'm apparently established, wether ivdid it based onbthe situation in the U.K. or here, I don't feel very established:)

Geordie Lass Apr 3rd 2013 2:03 pm

Elite - but that's only because we have some posh friends :rofl: