Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

"The Week the Women Went" so I'm packing

"The Week the Women Went" so I'm packing

Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:10 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "The Week the Women Went" so I'm packing

Have a blast PF
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:55 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

SO! Paradisefound - was that you on the telly last night???????
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff

Ah!! I saw it was on, but on Ottowa TV or something ..... couldn't find a channel to watch it on, and I really wanted to as I remembered this thread and had been watching out for it!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Ah!! I saw it was on, but on Ottowa TV or something ..... couldn't find a channel to watch it on, and I really wanted to as I remembered this thread and had been watching out for it!!
If you really want to watch it you can see the episode here.

http://www.cbc.ca/thewomenwent/episo...vid=1007141471

Main website here. http://www.cbc.ca/thewomenwent/
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:31 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Steve ..... what channel is it shown on here ... and which one is Paradisefound and her hubby ?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:33 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve ..... what channel is it shown on here ... and which one is Paradisefound and her hubby ?
Should be on CBC channel 6 on Shaw.

Sorry no clue to the last question, didn't watch the show.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We watched it on CBC at 9pm! I don't know who PDF is but there is one lady that we both went Oh! She's English I wonder if?????
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

No it wasn't!!

That lady is married to the fork in the loo man.

I have to say you could not want to meet a more down to earth genuine set of people.

PF is a great woman when you get to know her also. There is more to her than what she has posted on here.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:46 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Deanjp32, I thought you might have been the guy with the fork in the loo

I was aghast at the woman who works as a nurse in Truro and spent 14 hours per day working and commuting then coming home to a husband and teenagers who did nothing to help around the house, not evening cleaning up their own mess. I suspect mum has done every household chore herself over the years and has certainly made a rod for her back. That lazy bunch are in for the right shock.

Had to laugh at the paramedic/firefighter who was retching when changing his own baby's nappy.

Tata is a lovely place - when visiting I treat myself to some Tunnocks Teacakes at the Sunrise Merchantile
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:14 am

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

We watched it on CBC at 9pm! I don't know who PDF is but there is one lady that we both went Oh! She's English I wonder if?????
Going to be glued now listening for the accent1 Have a great time PF!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:09 am
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by seaham gal
Going to be glued now listening for the accent1 Have a great time PF!

Twas back in September .... see first post
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do

Tata is a lovely place - when visiting I treat myself to some Tunnocks Teacakes at the Sunrise Merchantile

Nope sorry twas not me.

The Sunrise Mercantile is my favorite non alcoholic establishment in the whole world. The owners are such nice, genuine, honest people and great food. The ladies that work for them are awesome too!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do

I was aghast at the woman who works as a nurse in Truro and spent 14 hours per day working and commuting then coming home to a husband and teenagers who did nothing to help around the house, not evening cleaning up their own mess. I suspect mum has done every household chore herself over the years and has certainly made a rod for her back. That lazy bunch are in his own baby's nappy.

My daughter went to school with their oldest son and neither her or I could believe that hole in the kitchen ceiling. If I was working those hours I'd have payed a roofer to get the job done asap.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

No it was not me. We declined to be a feature family and I was not going on the trip until they rang and asked if I was going on the Tuesday, before the coaches were leaving on the Saturday. I was going to refuse but between friends trying to persuade me to go and wanting to lend my support to the project I decided to go at the last minute. I am in and around like many others who wanted to support this. If I am noticible in any way in future programes, I will give you haeds up. It was not a holiday with everything tightly scheduled and it was even harder for those brave enough to be in the limelight.

The best thing about the trip for me was they got to make some new friends and find out about life in the community. Having been here 4yrs and thought I knew most things. I began to realise that there are things that only people that grew up here know. They were amazed that I had been traveling miles for something that was available right under my nose.

I thought the florist bit was great fun. They have opened up a lovely private club below the shop that I adore www.fablesclub.com They have Elizibeth May coming soon. They are selling the florist so they can concentrate on this new venture.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I alone in thinking this the lamest concept for a TV show ever? Surely, at any time since, say, 1965 (1985 in Atlantic Canada), men have been able to work domestic appliances. If the women are removed the only issue is "how long before the men get into bum sex?" something not to be shown on the CBC. Unless the male population of tattingmewossname are somehow retarded there's no show there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.