British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Weather! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/weather-542560/)

Purley Jun 11th 2008 11:42 pm

Weather!

Maybe its nice down east, but at 4.30 here it was 6 degrees. Yes SIX. I spoke to my girlfriend in Westbank, BC and she said it was cold here. I know its warm in the SE of England but what the heck happened here?

All spring we had no rain - now it won't bloody stop. I should have planted rice. I haven't even planted my beans yet, its too darn cold!

Is it nice in Calgary or Edmonton?

AlexInBC Jun 11th 2008 11:47 pm

Re: Weather!

No idea about Calgary or Edmonton, but here (nr Valemount, BC) it's a lovely, sunny, 21 deg C :D

Shame I had to spend the best part of this gorgeous day shovelling animal s**t :frown:

The Broady's Jun 11th 2008 11:50 pm

The sun is FINALLY shining in Vernon, not too far from Westbank:thumbup:

burton bunch Jun 12th 2008 12:15 am

Well the weather is so bad in Southern Alberta it has brought me back on the site - when I should be taking a break :mad:

Cant remember ever seeing this much rain - not even summer 2007 in the UK when we had weeks of the stuff.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone has asked me if I brought it with me - I would be a very rich lady !:eek:

Gaynor
x

NessieOggy Jun 12th 2008 12:16 am

Dry and 21C in Kelowna right now but possibility of more rain this week...

Oggy

Inse Jun 12th 2008 12:32 am

Had to drive from Creston to Cranbrook yesterday. Temperature on the way fell to 2 degrees and we drove through a snow storm.:eek:
Better day today though.
As far as rain is concerned, me and Mrs Inse arrived into Canada on the 9th September 07. Since that day we have not yet had a full day of rain, ie raining when you get up and still raining when you head for bed. A couple of days of snow, but not one full day of rain.
As we previously lived in S. Ireland for 9-10 years, where 2 days of continuous sun makes a good summer, we are really savouring this weather here in Creston. Everyone said that there was a local micro climate here and now we are experiencing it for ourselves. Magic :thumbsup:

Flossie and Jim Jun 12th 2008 1:04 am

If I had a dollar for every time one of my work colleagues asked me if the rain reminds me of home/makes me feel like I'm in the UK over the last couple of weeks, I would be a millionaire.....

dthomas Jun 12th 2008 1:08 am

Swimming weather in Montreal: 10th June 33(H) 19(L); 11th June 27(H) 12(L). Been sweltering for about a week now - summer's arrived:thumbup:

Novocastrian Jun 12th 2008 1:17 am

It would be extremely remiss of me not to add the latest breaking news...

It is a-raining not in Richmond Hill.

On edit: Any suggestions as to the origin of that dthomas? After nearly 3 years no-one else has figured it out. G'wan, give it a go,

Mountain Girl Jun 12th 2008 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim (Post 6458822)
If I had a dollar for every time one of my work colleagues asked me if the rain reminds me of home/makes me feel like I'm in the UK over the last couple of weeks, I would be a millionaire.....

Yep me too. I have had the same thing all week :rolleyes:

Steve_P Jun 12th 2008 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 6458718)
If I had a dollar for everytime someone has asked me if I brought it with me - I would be a very rich lady !:eek:

Well did you? :mad::p:rofl::rofl:

Originally Posted by smelly (Post 6460286)
Yep me too. I have had the same thing all week :rolleyes:

You've been here too long to blame you.:p

Atlantic Xpat Jun 12th 2008 2:47 pm

Grey and 14C out here in the Far East. But double digits are always a cause for celebration! (Unless there is a minus sign in front of them of course.)

hot wasabi peas Jun 12th 2008 2:51 pm

Unseasonably wet weather might hurt local biznus here on Vancouver Island. :ohmy:
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...a-7d2696e26910

Mountain Girl Jun 12th 2008 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 6460304)
Well did you? :mad::p:rofl::rofl:

You've been here too long to blame you.:p

:rofl:

It didnt rain like this last year :blink:. I guess we shouldn't complain, we didnt have any rain for nearly 5 and a half months.

Steve_P Jun 12th 2008 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Purley (Post 6458643)
Is it nice in Calgary

In a word NO!!!!!!!

Calgary has been cool and wet since early May I think.

In May Calgary had 102.2mm of precipitation the average is 60.3mm.

In June up to 6:00 PM yesterday we had received 91.8mm the average for the whole month is 79.8mm.

To say we a sick and tired of rain would be an understatement. :(