Wikiposts

Water Consumption

Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:25 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Consumption

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
According to our meter we are using 220 gallons a day which is 1000. litres if we're talking imperial, not sure if canadian gallons are imperial or US sized. As I haevn't used the washing machine or the dishwasher I find the amount on the high side.
Canada used imperial (UK) gallons I think, so even more confusing as all the MPG rates in car commercials come from the US, where a gallon is a little smaller.

The only way you are going to put this to bed is to fill buckets and see how accurate your meter is. The callibration certificate at best will tell you that it WAS fine, when it was checked.

Every broken bit of test equipment I fix at work has a valid callibration certificate on it

1000 litres a day seems a tad high, but then 300 litres a day seems on the low side too...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH went and checked the meter yesterday - water has been turned off since Saturday and the meter hasn't moved. I suppose the next thing would be to turn the water back on, put dye in the cisterns and then see if the water moves.

The meter was only put in, in June/July time. I'll suggest OH asks for a calibration certificate, that should flummox the Ole Bint
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:19 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
OH went and checked the meter yesterday - water has been turned off since Saturday and the meter hasn't moved. I suppose the next thing would be to turn the water back on, put dye in the cisterns and then see if the water moves.

The meter was only put in, in June/July time. I'll suggest OH asks for a calibration certificate, that should flummox the Ole Bint
checking the meter then sounds the most obvious...

apols about the downstream confusion - was tired & lazy last night - I should have been clearer & said any connection that would be after your connection to the public supply and after your meter.

I work in the water industry and get used to shortcutting the phrases, especially when tired.