Visiting Ottawa

Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:35 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Ottawa

Thanks again everyone.

We are staying within 1 km of Parliament Hill. I love travel and always do the touristy stuff on vacation. Prefer city breaks to a beach vacation, and enjoy architecture, arts and history Montreal and Quebec are definitely on my bucket list

Mr cookie flies home overnight tonight and I am still trying to decide when and how to surprise him
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:47 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
Thanks again everyone.

We are staying within 1 km of Parliament Hill. I love travel and always do the touristy stuff on vacation. Prefer city breaks to a beach vacation, and enjoy architecture, arts and history Montreal and Quebec are definitely on my bucket list

Mr cookie flies home overnight tonight and I am still trying to decide when and how to surprise him
You and I both on all those things you mentioned....where have you been all my life?

I am sure you will know how and when to "surprise him"...wink wink
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:37 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone.

Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec in five days? Without a car? Good luck.

I hope you realise that you have not picked exactly the best time of year for this trip. The weather is usually crap and a lot of the touristy stuff in Ottawa will be still be closed.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:28 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Are we talking about the same Glebe here? Yes the Glebe am talking about has loads of young professionals there, who continued to fight when the one school was getting closed down and they had to go to another school not far away

I guess I wouldn't know either as I only lived there for a few years, as well as on the Quebec side also
You might need to quantify your numbers. You started off with "full of" and now "loads of".

I didn't find it particularly "over run" when I was there.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
The Moroccan restaurant you may have been thinking of at Preston/Gladstone is gone. I was there a couple of times and it had belly dancing etc.
Definitely no belly dancing!! The ex tells me it was Gatineau side anyway, & is also gone :-(

Cookie, I was specifically thinking Ottawa Tourism for good package deals, glad you found them :-) I think I know where you'll be staying, & it's nice.

I've frequently visited Ottawa in the "off" season, & always found plenty to do & see. I'm a walker, & it's a great city for that. (I'm a country bumpkin & easily amused ;-) )

SB
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:32 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec in five days? Without a car? Good luck.

I hope you realise that you have not picked exactly the best time of year for this trip. The weather is usually crap and a lot of the touristy stuff in Ottawa will be still be closed.
No, just Ottawa for 5 days. Montreal and Quebec are on my bucket list. That trip would be during warmer weather
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:31 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

No, just Ottawa for 5 days. Montreal and Quebec are on my bucket list. That trip would be during warmer weather
Both are nice regardless of the time of year (just frikkin cold sometimes).

Five days in Ottawa is a lot, unless you are fanatical about museums. You could easily do a day trip to Montreal by train. It's a couple of hours at most, the trains are pretty frequent these days and they are quite cheap.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:56 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Five days in Ottawa is a lot, unless you are fanatical about museums. You could easily do a day trip to Montreal by train. It's a couple of hours at most, the trains are pretty frequent these days and they are quite cheap.
Agreed. 5 days in Ottawa is a lot. Montreal definitely worth a trip even for 1 day/night.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:14 pm
Scottish Canuck

Checked out the train schedule so might just do that the day before Mr cookie flies back to Alberta and I head home to NS

Last edited by Cookie; Feb 13th 2014 at 12:39 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 1:59 pm
Slob

Checked out the train schedule so might just do that the day before Mr cookie flies back to Alberta and I head home to NS
Or you could take the bus. More options and probably cheaper. I don't think it takes any longer than the train.

You'd need to have a wazz before getting on the bus though. They do have bogs but using them is quite the experience.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 2:50 pm
Scottish Canuck

Or you could take the bus. More options and probably cheaper. I don't think it takes any longer than the train.

You'd need to have a wazz before getting on the bus though. They do have bogs but using them is quite the experience.
$66 each for a return train ticket and I might just need to pee
Old Feb 14th 2014, 1:52 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Also while in Ottawa you can take a tour of the Canadian Mint if that was of interest.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:42 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
You and I both on all those things you mentioned....where have you been all my life?

I am sure you will know how and when to "surprise him"...wink wink
Ewwwwww...... Greasy.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 12:58 pm
Scottish Canuck

Surprise done! Got all caught up in the excitement of the Olympics hockey so the timing was good. Mr Cookie is one happy chappy. Only thing is, his beloved Sens could get thrashed by the Blackhawks Either way we will have a blast
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:19 pm
Scottish Canuck

We are here! Was on one of the first flights out after the big NS weather bomb! Had a busy few days already. After 7 years of going to hockey (Junior A and Q League), we went to our first ever NHL game last night and saw the Senators beat the Blackhawks 5-3

So far been to Parliament buildings and was surprised to get the chance to sit in on Question Period at the House of Commons! We then headed over to Notre Dame Basilica which is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes and I am neither catholic nor go to church!

Today it's a short walk along to the Byward market, so it's leisurely shopping and good food. Tomorrow we are headed to the War Museum. Still trying to decide what to do Monday but since the sun will be out I will be taking plenty photos

Attached photo was taken with my iPhone. Can't wait to check out my camera pics when I get home!
Attached Thumbnails Visiting Ottawa-image.jpg  

Last edited by Cookie; Mar 29th 2014 at 1:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.