Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Wikiposts

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Default Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Originally Posted by sans
Mmm didn't see you wave as you passed by Their's an ice rink in Nanaimo Have you tried the yellow pages ?
We did wave..... and never thought of yellow pages ! found one out at Juan de fuca rec centre (havent been though.) (See. i did say i'd reply )

Adbru next to him

They waited until we left to take the piccy

I have a couple to post once i get home (but i'm not in them either...no publicity man )
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:51 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

yeh but we got enough details for the WANTED poster
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lad
Well i'm the fat lad with no hair on the left (Lancashire Lad) and my wife (ski bunny) is the good looking one of our relationship next to me with long brown hair.
I'll let everyone else identify themselves
Hi Lancashire Lad

Thanks for that, nice to put a face to the posts, looks lilke you all had a great time cant wait to make the next one

Sans
P.M on its way ,sorry been busy this end getting things ready for when we fly out
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

...the Escapea is at the bottom right (nearerst the camera), I (the moog) was taking the photo (with Skibunny's camera to make things more confusing)...so I'm not in it either!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:21 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully Sans, Mr Sans, the Moog and anyone else not on the pic will be on Adbru's pics that he's gonna post when he gets back...

Well except Adbru hiding behind the camera - may be we should have a competition to draw his portrait so he doesn't miss out and Adbru can judge the best?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

may be we should have a competition to draw his portrait so he doesn't miss out and Adbru can judge the best?

now there's a scary thought !!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Just got round to saying thanks to those that organised meet up busy busy working sorry!

Now doing a portrait of adbru sounds interesting.....
prize for the winner

Well shortly i will be off to the ferry terminal to pick up younger sister, 2 nieces and a nephew........so excited i actual feel on the verge of tears...how sad is that

Moog/escapea how is your sister liking the island?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Jempee...I know the feeling... I was really excited waiting for my sister to get off the ferry in Swartz Bay and as we saw it drawing in I felt tearful too, happy tearful though(probably not as much as I will at the end though...)

The dog was even more excited when he saw her and kept leaping in the air (lots of kissylicks!)

Jane is really liking the Island, weather is fab so makes it great...we swam in the potholes at Sooke Tuesday (so did the dog)...we saw the seals at Whitties Lagoon (Metchosin) (but I got bitten by mosquitos 5 times in 10 minutes which I've never had there before...or even on the Island in fact)...and walked along Whiffin Spit

...going to try an afternoon of sailing tomorrow
...might do Moss St market Sat, there's symphony splash Sunday, Tofino etc etc

So much to do!
Hope your sister has a fab time too
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:26 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Hopefully Sans, Mr Sans, the Moog and anyone else not on the pic will be on Adbru's pics that he's gonna post when he gets back...

Well except Adbru hiding behind the camera - may be we should have a competition to draw his portrait so he doesn't miss out and Adbru can judge the best?
Tend to avoid the camara's as much as poss, they never seem to catch me on a good day
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the moog
Jempee...I know the feeling... I was really excited waiting for my sister to get off the ferry in Swartz Bay and as we saw it drawing in I felt tearful too, happy tearful though(probably not as much as I will at the end though...)

The dog was even more excited when he saw her and kept leaping in the air (lots of kissylicks!)

Jane is really liking the Island, weather is fab so makes it great...we swam in the potholes at Sooke Tuesday (so did the dog)...we saw the seals at Whitties Lagoon (Metchosin) (but I got bitten by mosquitos 5 times in 10 minutes which I've never had there before...or even on the Island in fact)...and walked along Whiffin Spit

...going to try an afternoon of sailing tomorrow
...might do Moss St market Sat, there's symphony splash Sunday, Tofino etc etc

So much to do!
Hope your sister has a fab time too
Sounds like your sister is enjoying being here. Mine is not interested in 'scenery and looking at things!!' so we may have a few difficulties she is fast asleep at the mo on the sofa! As her youngest is 2 we will properly be doing the petting zoo and BC forest train park. Hopefully lots of swimming/beach time if i can convince them its safe to swim in!

Me and Rob walked up to the top of Cobble hill's hill and was complete cannon fodder for the mozzies the other evening, but def worth the view.

Have fun and maybe see you around
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Back home now

Had agreat time, will do a write-up once i'm over the jet-lag !!

Great to meet you guys, take care

Adbru
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:06 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adbru
Back home now

Had agreat time, will do a write-up once i'm over the jet-lag !!

Great to meet you guys, take care

Adbru
Hi hope you had a good flight home, and good luck
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

as promised I'll try and attach some pics from the meet-up....

Yahoo !! looks like I've managed to avoid getting both me and mrs Adbru in any pic !!

Adbru
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:06 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

And me, i'll buy you next time your around
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sans
And me, i'll buy you next time your around
I'll hold you to that

Adbru

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.