Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Wikiposts

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice
Default Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

anyone needing a reminder of directions to get to "Canoe":

http://www.canoebrewpub.com/index.html - address is 450 swift st, victoria, bc

if you come in on Higway 1, Douglas St, then turn right down Herald St, go 2 blocks (across government st) until you hit T-junction and turn left on Store St, then 1st right into Swift St and it's at the end - you can park there (or in the furniture store car park next door) but have to go into canoe and get a token to put on your dash.

See you there, we'll raise a or few to absence BE friends...

Typical weather has changed just for today then supposed to be good again from tomorrow...oh well British Spirit prevails...we WILL have a good time!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone. We have an English friend staying with us so will have to bring the old sod along! if thats ok with everyone.??? we also have some english friends from Langford who moved over about 6 weeks ago that where gonna visit us today. Husband has just told them on the phone to meet us at the pub instead of driving up here. I do hope thats ok with everyone? if not we will sit at another table and sulk!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:21 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee
Hi everyone. We have an English friend staying with us so will have to bring the old sod along! if thats ok with everyone.??? we also have some english friends from Langford who moved over about 6 weeks ago that where gonna visit us today. Husband has just told them on the phone to meet us at the pub instead of driving up here. I do hope thats ok with everyone? if not we will sit at another table and sulk!
CHEEK of it
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Lancashire Lad will become famous soon enough

Some of expats at the Canoe brew pub.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

That didn't work very well. Click below to see the expats meet at the Canoe brew pub.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_S0FQagPyUNA/...h/P1010287.JPG
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:30 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the Moog & Escapea for arranging todays meet-up, I really enjoyed myself, hope everyone else did
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:42 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

yeh me too, thanks Moog & Escapea and everyone for being so friendly.

...not sure what the Canoe staff thought - a bunch of grown ups meeting in a pub saying 'hi I'm SkiBunny, pleased to meet you BananaHammock'
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Wasnt sure what to expect but we had a great time

Thanks for welcoming us "transients"

I'll keep you posted on our progress and I'll post a couple of pics once we get home.

Adbru & Co...

(p.s. that Canoe burger was really good )
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:55 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

from us all , thats a good piccie of my kids.....poutine was rather good too
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Thanks everyone for coming to the meetup, and venturing into Victoria...!

Next time back up island again?

When? Where?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:56 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by the moog
Thanks everyone for coming to the meetup, and venturing into Victoria...!

Next time back up island again?

When? Where?
You want more????
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:11 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
You want more????
Yes please
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lad
That didn't work very well. Click below to see the expats meet at the Canoe brew pub.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_S0FQagPyUNA/...h/P1010287.JPG
Hi
Great picture of you all looks like it was a great day hopefully we can get to the next one
Only one problem having great fun at the moment trying to work out whos whos so here goes correct me if im wrong
banannahammock and hubby top of table
Ski bunny far left maybe
Adbru next to him
Sans and family
How many did i get right
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Well i'm the fat lad with no hair on the left (Lancashire Lad) and my wife (ski bunny) is the good looking one of our relationship next to me with long brown hair.
I'll let everyone else identify themselves
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:56 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi
Great picture of you all looks like it was a great day hopefully we can get to the next one
Only one problem having great fun at the moment trying to work out whos whos so here goes correct me if im wrong
banannahammock and hubby top of table
Ski bunny far left maybe
Adbru next to him
Sans and family
How many did i get right
Hehee you carn't see me, and O/H was at the loo On a serious note where's my PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.