Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Wikiposts

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

yes!!! the sun is out in all it's glory..woo hooo~..

we are off to the river..the water is so crystal clear..you can see the bottom...and anything that might be swimming around with you..hehee i like that...never know what is going to pop up around you.. (long story-bad childhood experience..heheee)
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:22 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf

we are off to the river..the water is so crystal clear..you can see the bottom...and anything that might be swimming around with you..hehee i like that...

never know what is going to pop up around you.. (long story-bad childhood experience..heheee)
Steady!!! I wouldn't do it of course but that could be read the wrong way
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sans
Steady!!! I wouldn't do it of course but that could be read the wrong way
hahaaaa~~~oh berry funny!!!!

~when i was young.....we were swimming in a river in far north qld.(australia).after a cyclone..~..anyways..my brother who was about 10 at the time..my baby sister who was about 4 ..and i ...were in this river..it wasnt' realy flowing very fast or anything and it was quite safe..however...one moment we were splashing about all happy and the next..we looked up and saw..a number of dead cows floating towards...us...wasnt' the best experience....and put me off swimming in lakes and rivers ever since!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:34 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

we are off to the river..the water is so crystal clear..you can see the bottom...and anything that might be swimming around with you..hehee i like that...never know what is going to pop up around you.. (long story-bad childhood experience..heheee)
hahaaaa~~~oh berry funny!!!!

~when i was young.....we were swimming in a river in far north qld.(australia).after a cyclone..~..anyways..my brother who was about 10 at the time..my baby sister who was about 4 ..and i ...were in this river..it wasnt' realy flowing very fast or anything and it was quite safe..however...one moment we were splashing about all happy and the next..we looked up and saw..a number of dead cows floating towards...us...wasnt' the best experience....and put me off swimming in lakes and rivers ever since!!!
Can imagine !!! Bless

Ps Good Bar..bi afterwards then
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

hi guys,

we are now back in Victoria after our trip up country

Had a great if busy (and at times very wet !) time.

Weather was fab today on Mount Washington.

I'll do a write up either on our experiences so far or a trip roundup when we get back.... depends on how much time I can be bothered at a keyboard while over here

quick question... is there an ice rink close-by ??

keep smiling

Adbru
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Hi Adbru,

Glad you had a good trip and it wasn't a complete washout...weather today was fab, not a cloud in the sky, I never tire of those mountains...

I think there is an icerink at Bear Mountain Arena / Juan de Fuca Arena (it says on their website though I can't see that in their spring summer activity brochure). That is up near Royal Roads Uni, in Colwood, on way to Methcosin - perhaps about 20-30 mins drive from downtown. It is really close to the Fort Rodd Hill monument.

There may be some curling rinks somewhere about.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:58 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Adbru
hi guys,

we are now back in Victoria after our trip up country

Had a great if busy (and at times very wet !) time.

Weather was fab today on Mount Washington.

I'll do a write up either on our experiences so far or a trip roundup when we get back.... depends on how much time I can be bothered at a keyboard while over here

quick question... is there an ice rink close-by ??

keep smiling

Adbru
Mmm didn't see you wave as you passed by Their's an ice rink in Nanaimo Have you tried the yellow pages ?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

Darn it, rained all weekend now its too hot for this lily skinned jock to go out !!

Been back in Victoria for less than 24 hours and the kids say "I'm bored!!"

Told them that they are all old enough to use the internet and then tell me where they want to go .. life skills training

Anyone going to the truck racing on saturday night ??
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Bored?! Bored?!
tell them we're on an island here and we only there is only so much to do.......no seriously, get them doing a bit of outdoorsy stuff and they'll be too tired to complain...e.g Sunday morning 800m open water swim at Thetis Lake (no, I'm not doing it...got to save myself for our meet up, my hair will get messed up!)...

Hope your stay is going well, esp now the weather is good - looking good for beers in the sunshine by the water on Sunday afternoon...good for the soul after all!

See you then...
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted wish you Island peeps a great meetup 2morrow.
Rob.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

me too.....!!!..have a great time everyone!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:59 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

me too.....!!!..have a great time everyone!!!!
Orrr i'll have or for you
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sans
Orrr i'll have or for you
hahaa~~ go ahead find any ole' excuse you can hehee fact is tho ..i dont' drink alcohol..~.well very rarely!! may have to save that up for a special occasion!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great meetup everyone

Hopefully we will be at the next one

Jo
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:26 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

hahaa~~ go ahead find any ole' excuse you can hehee fact is tho ..i dont' drink alcohol..~.well very rarely!! may have to save that up for a special occasion!!
Shhh.......i didn't hear that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.