Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria/'the island' peeps...

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Hello <waving frantically>

Just wanted to say hi to any BE-ers living in Vic or wider VI. I think I have seen a couple of Nanaimo people wandering about the forum...

Me and husband have been in Victoria for a week (RV'd round BC/AB for a month when we first got here so haven't been able to post here either) so we don't know anyone except the real estate letting agent Living in James Bay at the moment which is pretty nice, though we haven't seen much of the rest of the island yet.
Best of luck on the Island - we'll be there soon!

The following link to Vancouver Island technology might be of use to you. It lists IT jobs on the Island and has various articles. I don't know if this is what you mean by the Technology Park?

http://www.viatec.ca/subscribe

Hope this helps

Joanne

Last edited by fuschiagirl; Jun 9th 2007 at 9:26 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:08 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Joanne, that is the place I meant. I am volunteering at an event there next Saturday so hopefully that will also help with a bit of this networking malarkey
When are you due to move over?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Thanks Joanne, that is the place I meant. I am volunteering at an event there next Saturday so hopefully that will also help with a bit of this networking malarkey
When are you due to move over?
Hopefully in the next 3 months. Things have been put a bit on hold as my daughter, her husband and 2 year old are probably moving as well! What a bonus! It's usually the children leaving the parents but we started the ball rolling! My Dad was Canadian so I and Kate (my daughter) have Canadian passports.

Good luck with the job hunt - you are on the right track with the networking! Let us know how you get on.

Joanne
Old Jun 12th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bananahammock
The Escapea's live in Victoria & came to the last meet-up ........... maybe they can suggest somewhere?

The date sounds good to me
Hi all. Meet up sounds great. Hopefully would be able to make July but not 100% sure as we have guests staying on off from july and August. Let me know time and place and i will try and be there. Has anyone heard from the escapea's?
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:03 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee
Hi all. Meet up sounds great. Hopefully would be able to make July but not 100% sure as we have guests staying on off from july and August. Let me know time and place and i will try and be there. Has anyone heard from the escapea's?

I PM'd you
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bananahammock
I PM'd you
I replied
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SkiBunny, a couple of links for MrSB are Vancouver Island Health Authority http://www.viha.ca/ and the John Howard Society http://www.johnhoward.ca/directory/bc/Jhsbc.htm They are based at 2675 Bridge Street Victoria Tel: 250 386-3428. If MrSB knows CRI (Crime Reduction Initiatives) in the UK then the John Howard Society are similar to them. Still trying to find any info for your work! I have also sent you a pm.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

alright, alright, keep your hair on...we're still here!!! We've been awol for a while what with folks visiting for a few weeks (whale watching again~!) and new jobs...but we're back and pleased to hear there's another meet up. 29th July sounds good to us, if the summer weather ever actually arrives we could meet at a drinking establishment for a cheeky beer (or two) such as Canoe or Spinnakers (both brew their own beers and both are on the water / harbour front).

SkiBunny - welcome, glad you are here (did you come out on Bunac in the end?) How are you finding James Bay (I was working there initially on Michigan and miss my lunchtime strolls round Beacon Hill...talking of which, Beacon Hill Park is 125 years old this year and this coming weekend there are apparently lots of celebration events going on in the park Sat/Sun).

SkiBunny if you're still looking for work, try BC government, as they have now opened all roles up to non-government employees and they are now recruiting hard (it worked for me PM me if you want more info.

Look forward to seeing you at the summer meet up of the VI Brits.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Looking forward to catching up with you all in July in town
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

by the way do I get congratulation on my 10th post (when I get there...?!) poor effort I know!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:17 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Escapea
alright, alright, keep your hair on...we're still here!!! We've been awol for a while what with folks visiting for a few weeks (whale watching again~!) and new jobs...but we're back and pleased to hear there's another meet up. 29th July sounds good to us, if the summer weather ever actually arrives we could meet at a drinking establishment for a cheeky beer (or two) such as Canoe or Spinnakers (both brew their own beers and both are on the water / harbour front).

SkiBunny - welcome, glad you are here (did you come out on Bunac in the end?) How are you finding James Bay (I was working there initially on Michigan and miss my lunchtime strolls round Beacon Hill...talking of which, Beacon Hill Park is 125 years old this year and this coming weekend there are apparently lots of celebration events going on in the park Sat/Sun).

SkiBunny if you're still looking for work, try BC government, as they have now opened all roles up to non-government employees and they are now recruiting hard (it worked for me PM me if you want more info.

Aahhhhaa!! ................ there you are
Just spent an hour rooting around the kitchen looking for your phone number!!

Did you see any whales?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Escapea

Hello escapea's glad to see you are 'still kicking' about. A drink or 2 on the harbour front sounds good to me. Something that you can check and organise? if so let us know which place and time.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the moog
by the way do I get congratulation on my 10th post (when I get there...?!) poor effort I know!
Wait untill your really addicted someone on here congratulated me on my 1000th post i think and i was SHOCKED
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

yes, I saw that Jempee about your 1000th post - ever thought you need to get out more? (just kidding! it is addictive as I'm finding out...!)

Bannahammock - no we didn't see any whales, well actually they told us we saw a stinky minky whale, but it looked to us like it could have been a glimpse of a fin of anything way out in the distance...or even a log...but as they said we saw a whale no hope of getting any refund or repeat trip - sneaky. Reckon they planted one of their staff out there in a wet suit holding a fin in the water or something...! The boat was full of Ozzies, it was fairly choppy but sunny, and a couple of huge waves came over the top of the boat and soaked everyone - so even without whales and having done it before it was still a scream - in fact we had a whale of a time (that was sooo pants!)

I'm sure we can sort a rendezvous & time for July.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

I forgot - not only was that my 10th post (woohoo!) but we've also now been here a whole year (woohoo again) as of yesterday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.