A very sad day

Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A very sad day

We are still continuing to search in the hope that he wanders back towards the highway from the forest.

I did clear away some of his things last night (food bowls, bedding etc ) which I must admit was heartbreaking. I think the lack of sleep for 3 days and the whole situation came upon me at once and I pretty much lost it big time for about 15 mins.

I am now doing the searching without hope as finishing them after starting off positive is just too much really. So I am trying to expect nothing. It helps a little, but not much.

I think it's more the knowledge of him suffering for the days he is missing rather than knowing he has died is the more harrowing.

I look before work, at lunch and straight from work but it is heartbreaking.

Thanks for the comments by the way.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tangram
We are still continuing to search in the hope that he wanders back towards the highway from the forest.

I did clear away some of his things last night (food bowls, bedding etc ) which I must admit was heartbreaking. I think the lack of sleep for 3 days and the whole situation came upon me at once and I pretty much lost it big time for about 15 mins.

I am now doing the searching without hope as finishing them after starting off positive is just too much really. So I am trying to expect nothing. It helps a little, but not much.

I think it's more the knowledge of him suffering for the days he is missing rather than knowing he has died is the more harrowing.

I feel so sad for you reading this and one more sad person is not what you really want. I am still hoping upon hope that Jake will wander home. I wish you and your family all the very best.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram

It must be dreadful for you and your family. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear your story Tangram. It must be heartbreaking.
We had a cat for over 18 years. When she passed away, it was like we had lost a member of our family. It was horrible.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:31 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

julie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nicejulie2 is just really nice

A friend of mine went through the exact same thing as you and your family. Their dog had bolted at a sudden loud noise when out for a walk and went missing. as the days turned into weeks they gave up hope of ever seeing him again. Six months later they returned home from work and found him on their doorstep looking very disheveled and underweight. He bounced back though with the love and care of the family. Nobody ever found out where he'd been all that time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get a happy ending too.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:23 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

can't imagine how you feel.

fingers crossed for a safe return.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to give any false hope (I know what you're going through) but we had a cat disappear for over three months. We thought she'd been killed. One day we were driving a short cut home (which we never normally did) and saw her sat under a tree.... about 500 metres from our house! She looked a bit rough and went straight to the vet, but she turned out to be fine, just malnourished.
I hope your dog turns up for you. Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

I havn't been on this site for a while but just had a little look today and saw this.
Oh Paul I fell so bad for you and your family.

I don't have any words that will do any good. But I hope that you get some closure one way or the other.
I hope above all that you get him back.

Thinking of you all at this time.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
So sorry to hear. I wish I could say something helpful.
Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Oh, how awful, I hope he returns to you, the not knowing must be horrendous. Hugs xx
Can't even think of my own words - so copying others' sentiments.

Thinking of you all.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Very sorry to hear about your dog Jake, I really hope you hear some news of him soon.
Echo that. So sorry to hear it.