A very sad day

Old Jul 17th 2012, 2:25 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A very sad day

Originally Posted by Tangram
Saturday evening our 10 year old springer spaniel went missing. We were about an hour away when we got the call from our daughter so by the time we got back he had been gone about an hour and a half.

He was spotted Sunday morning on the central divide of the Trans Canada but has not been seen since.

We did a 13 hour stint of searching on Sunday and again today, stretching the search area along the TC but to no avail.

It is very sad to say we have decided to call off the search and there is pretty much not a dry eye in the house, including myself.

Daughter blames herself as she was watching him when she let him out for a wee and he didn't come back when she called him.

Today we were at the point of hoping to see a body so at least that would give us that horrible word closure as as it stands you feel like you should be doing something. Having gone along both sides of the TC shouting his name you realize how much forest is out there. It's not a case of him coming across a house- there just aren't any for many miles.

We checked the post on the way back and have received our notices to appear for citizenship, but must admit neither of us are in a celebratory mood.

Jake will be sorely missed and I can only imagine the pain people go through when it's actually a child that goes missing and not a 10 year old family dog.

No sleep for two nights and crying which comes in waves, never thought I would be so affected.
My Airedale was killed in an a road accident and I could hardly believe the pain I felt. I'm so, so sorry for you all. It's a huge hole in the family. I remember the house feeling terribly empty.

I so hope you find him. You never know, there's still hope.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 2:32 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could say/do something helpful
Fingers crossed for you though ... you never know
Old Jul 17th 2012, 2:46 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, how awful, I hope he returns to you, the not knowing must be horrendous. Hugs xx
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shit Paul, I'm sorry to hear this. From one springer owner to another, I know how special they are.

Thinking of you, and hoping that he turns up somewhere.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;10177627]Oh shit Paul, I'm sorry to hear this. From one springer owner to another, I know how special they are.

Thinking of you, and hoping that he turns up somewhere. [/QUOT

So sorry to hear this, we have Springer too and can only imagine what you must be going through.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:21 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine not having a Springer in our lives either - beautiful, stupid, loyal, intelligent, excitable, loving, trusting, hyperactive and most of all FRIENDS.

Still keeping fingers crossed Paul xxxxx
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:26 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

I am so dreadfully sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to all your family.

We are also Springer fans and currently have a springer/lab cross and I can't imagine what you must be going through. There is nothing like a dog for unconditional love and teaching us to live in the moment whilst always looking out for that next treat. And Springers do all that in the very best way.

Like MMC I am keeping my fingers crossed for you

J
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:48 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Poo. That's crappy news, Paul. Much sympathy from here too, I hope he turns up safe & well.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:03 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your lost dog Paul. Don't give up hope. Stick posters up, place an add with the local radio station lost and found. Also register with the local SPCA and phone local vets too. There is also a lost and found Fredericton Facebook page and Kijiji too to post a notice and photo.

I too would be devastated if my dog went missing. They are definitely part of the family. Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tangram
Saturday evening our 10 year old springer spaniel went missing. We were about an hour away when we got the call from our daughter so by the time we got back he had been gone about an hour and a half.

He was spotted Sunday morning on the central divide of the Trans Canada but has not been seen since.

We did a 13 hour stint of searching on Sunday and again today, stretching the search area along the TC but to no avail.

It is very sad to say we have decided to call off the search and there is pretty much not a dry eye in the house, including myself.

Daughter blames herself as she was watching him when she let him out for a wee and he didn't come back when she called him.

Today we were at the point of hoping to see a body so at least that would give us that horrible word closure as as it stands you feel like you should be doing something. Having gone along both sides of the TC shouting his name you realize how much forest is out there. It's not a case of him coming across a house- there just aren't any for many miles.

We checked the post on the way back and have received our notices to appear for citizenship, but must admit neither of us are in a celebratory mood.

Jake will be sorely missed and I can only imagine the pain people go through when it's actually a child that goes missing and not a 10 year old family dog.

No sleep for two nights and crying which comes in waves, never thought I would be so affected.
I hope so much that Jake is found. I sympathise.....
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:45 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Just read through three pages of posts before responding, hoping I'd see a happy ending....... May still happen, but how heart-breaking for you all the while Jake is missing! So sad for you!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:01 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same as Alberta Rose, I was looking for a happy ending. I do still hope there is a happy ending for you and your family. I too was a springer owner and love the breed.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:12 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

:f ingerscrossed:

Keep us updated Paul, maybe just maybe he will come home
Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:31 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this thread - oh Paul, i'm so sorry we have an almost 12 years old retriever and she is so much a part of our family - my heart breaks for you, it really does.

I'll keep everything crossed that Jake returns home safely, after having had a wee adventure to himself
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.