Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Vancouver - new British Pub - The Three Lions

Vancouver - new British Pub - The Three Lions

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:07 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vancouver - new British Pub - The Three Lions

Well at least they never called it the Red Lion. Anyone heard about this place? I happened on it online - not tired it yet but thought it might be worth a wizz:

http://www.noshwell.com/breakfast/three-lions-cafe

Cheers
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:07 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver - new British Pub - The Three Lions

Originally Posted by dboy
Well at least they never called it the Red Lion. Anyone heard about this place? I happened on it online - not tired it yet but thought it might be worth a wizz:

http://www.noshwell.com/breakfast/three-lions-cafe

Cheers
Never heard of it but I'm now going to give it go. Looks alright for a bit of breakfast.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:11 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Never heard of it but I'm now going to give it go. Looks alright for a bit of breakfast.
Don't venture that side of town very much - post back if it's worth the effort. The nearest 'pub' to me is the elephant & castle on burrard which is lame.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:21 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Its not new - bout a year old now - but no aint been there - maybe we should have a BE brit meet up there??
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:34 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

It's really not bad. They need to warm up the Guinness just a tad, though.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Don't venture that side of town very much - post back if it's worth the effort. The nearest 'pub' to me is the elephant & castle on burrard which is lame.
agreed, they are a chain which have been around for years. They used to have one at the pacific centre.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by dingbat
It's really not bad. They need to warm up the Guinness just a tad, though.
Ah warm guinness. I miss a pink elephant (guinness and black current) a northern thing me thinks.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Its not new - bout a year old now - but no aint been there - maybe we should have a BE brit meet up there??
I'm up for that. Me and the OH are nipping over tonite to see what it's all about. I have given up trying to find a decent boozer so will try not to get too excited.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:10 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Ah warm guinness. I miss a pink elephant (guinness and black current) a northern thing me thinks.
Sacrilege.......
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes I saw that once when passing on the bus. I'd be up for giving it a try sometime, it can't be as stuffy and bland as the Elephant & Castle!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:56 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

ok - so we shall await Dboy & Mrs Dboys view then arrange a meet . . .
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:12 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
ok - so we shall await Dboy & Mrs Dboys view then arrange a meet . . .
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:37 pm

Ok lads and lassies the review is in.

We decided to go last night to escape our apt which is like an oven. I told the OH that at least the 3 lions will be air conditioned. Well we arrived and just like a real brit pub - no ac. It was worse than our apt. Not to be put off we grabbed a spot at the bar. Ryan (from london) - the bartender/owner got out drinks (Kronenbourg on tap) and said, " want to see the menu, the food here will knock your bollocks off."

Given the heat I wasn't too hungry I ordered curry and chips - quite good. The food that was flying out of the kitchen looked great - Brit food with a bit of a face lift - imagine a ford capri with 17 inch rims and a v8 engine.

Bit of an odd spot not much else in the area, although close to the South of Main area which is up and coming.The place itself is a bit on the small side - enough space for about 6 at the bar. Its got a trendy rustic flavour inside - not exactly British but with some hints - pics of george best on the walls and walkers crisps behind the bar - Ryan even showed me a bag of 'builders flavour' which are supposed to taste like eggs and bacon!

Ryan said that he intended the place to be more of a restaurant/cafe but its evolved into more of a pub. What I did find right away was the easy banter that was going on, not just with brits but with locals also. In that sense it was very British - after all that's what makes a Brit pub.

Good selection of brews and bottles and very reasonably priced - Kronenbourg was around 6 bucks and real 20 oz pints to boot.

The special was a roast chicken sunday dinner with yorkshire puddings etc. Full English is served only on sat/sun and they are closed on mondays. Every other tues is pub quiz night.

As far as friendliness i give it a 10 out of 10,

the setting - 7 out of 10

Food: 8 out of 10

Value: 9 out of 10

I will sure be going back and am looking forward to the full english - Ryan said he makes the blackpuddings himself. Cheers

Last edited by dboy; Aug 3rd 2009 at 4:39 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:00 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Bangers & Mash with a real pint? I'll see you all there next time i'm over
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:07 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok lads and lassies the review is in.

We decided to go last night to escape our apt which is like an oven. I told the OH that at least the 3 lions will be air conditioned. Well we arrived and just like a real brit pub - no ac. It was worse than our apt. Not to be put off we grabbed a spot at the bar. Ryan (from london) - the bartender/owner got out drinks (Kronenbourg on tap) and said, " want to see the menu, the food here will knock your bollocks off."

Given the heat I wasn't too hungry I ordered curry and chips - quite good. The food that was flying out of the kitchen looked great - Brit food with a bit of a face lift - imagine a ford capri with 17 inch rims and a v8 engine.

Bit of an odd spot not much else in the area, although close to the South of Main area which is up and coming.The place itself is a bit on the small side - enough space for about 6 at the bar. Its got a trendy rustic flavour inside - not exactly British but with some hints - pics of george best on the walls and walkers crisps behind the bar - Ryan even showed me a bag of 'builders flavour' which are supposed to taste like eggs and bacon!

Ryan said that he intended the place to be more of a restaurant/cafe but its evolved into more of a pub. What I did find right away was the easy banter that was going on, not just with brits but with locals also. In that sense it was very British - after all that's what makes a Brit pub.

Good selection of brews and bottles and very reasonably priced - Kronenbourg was around 6 bucks and real 20 oz pints to boot.

The special was a roast chicken sunday dinner with yorkshire puddings etc. Full English is served only on sat/sun and they are closed on mondays. Every other tues is pub quiz night.

As far as friendliness i give it a 10 out of 10,

the setting - 7 out of 10

Food: 8 out of 10

Value: 9 out of 10

I will sure be going back and am looking forward to the full english - Ryan said he makes the blackpuddings himself. Cheers
Sounds pretty positive - will maybe check it out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.