Vaccine/Measles etc

Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:33 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine/Measles etc

If diseases would only affect those not vaccinated I'd have less of an issue with it, however that's not how these things work. Having a host to play around in viruses mutate, and could then potentially mutate into a form for which the vaccines don't work (especially as the children may be carrying some minor antibodies in their blood from their parent vaccinations.) If this happens then it's not just the unvaccinated who end up being affected.

Vaccinations aren't about just protecting the person who got vaccinated. It's about giving as few a number of hosts as potential petri dishes for these viruses to breed and mutate in. Anti-vaccine is an incredible selfish and short sighed mentality that will end up affecting many many more outside those that participate in it.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:53 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I'm now in the position of having being exposed to measles at work, so i dutifully went and got my MMR.

Now we have chickenpox cases, only I can't get the vaccine because I've had a live virus vaccine in the past 28 days.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
yeah I'm now in the position of having being exposed to measles at work, so i dutifully went and got my MMR.

Now we have chickenpox cases, only I can't get the vaccine because I've had a live virus vaccine in the past 28 days.
Didn't have chicken pox as a child? Generally if you did, you should be at low risk to getting it again. That is what the doctors tell me anyhow.

I didn't have the right vaccine as a child, not combined or something, but nurse said it was the norm back then. I haven't been able to get into the unit for a booster since their adult vaccine hours are limited and been on day's I am working, but as soon as I can, I am going to get the booster as I may not be fully protected.

I am all for vaccines, I'd get the shingles vaccine now if they would let me, but they say I am too young.

Reminds me my tetanus booster is due this year.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I remember I had to have an MMR shot before I could attend classes at college in the US. The only issue I remember was that it cost me $75.00.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:15 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Didn't have chicken pox as a child? Generally if you did, you should be at low risk to getting it again. That is what the doctors tell me anyhow.

Don't remember. Don't have any scars from the spots and My Mom can helpfully remember that two out of her three kids had it but not which ones

Oink: Yeah i read a news article that there is some concerns that a large percentage of teachers in American schools may not be up to date with vaccines. Thus making the problem worse with the various outbreaks going on.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:39 pm
Professional Cat herder

Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:28 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
oh, don't get me started on the allergy nuts

(allergy nuts. get it. nuts. get it)
Oh I'm so not getting into that argument (shall we say I have little time for those types)

I really would like to know where and when the peanut allergy thing came from. I don't remember anyone at school having it. Perhaps they did and it wasn't classed as that. To be frank, if anyone were to be allergic, it'd be someone like me (eczema and asthma - a weakling in other words ) and I wasn't and am not.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:41 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for the kids. It's not their choice to not be vaccinated, it's their moronic parents (obviously talking about the kids who CAN have the vaccines) who have made the choice.

What I can see happening is that the unvaccinated kids will start getting bullied because of it. They will start sneezing on the unvaccinated kid, wiping snot on them, coughing on them, trying to make them ill. Kids are viciously cruel.

Last edited by sharkus; Feb 19th 2015 at 9:43 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:45 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Someone from a small town near here was asking how she could get her kids vaccinated. She has no GP, no means of getting to the Health Unit.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:59 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

Originally Posted by bats
Someone from a small town near here was asking how she could get her kids vaccinated. She has no GP, no means of getting to the Health Unit.
Interesting. Really no means of getting here? no-one could give her a lift in to the health unit? Obviously and exception there to the "could, but has not" scenario, as she seems to want to do it, but cannot.

I see you can pretty much get the Flu shot anywhere these days, walk into the local Shoppers for example. Perhaps we'll see this expand to vaccinations for kids. Unless I'm missing something about getting a vaccination shot vs a flu shot.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

dave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine/Measles-other issues

When a mother of an otherwise healthy and normally developing child, with no family history of the medical problems developed after vaccination claims that the vaccine was the cause, her claims are listed as anecdotal and scientifically wrong.

However, there is a small percentage of children who do develop medical problems, the kind of situation seized on by certain people who use the controversy to reinforce their opposition to vaccines.

Knowing this, public health authorities in the USA and the UK developed no-fault vaccine injuries schemes. The rationale was to reassure parents that if injury occurred they would not have to face alone the horrendous financial consequences of caring for their injured child.

Not so in Canada. We do not have a vaccine injury compensation scheme, instead a mish mash of assistance, government or charitable, varying by province, and often difficult to access.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Interesting. Really no means of getting here? no-one could give her a lift in to the health unit? Obviously and exception there to the "could, but has not" scenario, as she seems to want to do it, but cannot.

I see you can pretty much get the Flu shot anywhere these days, walk into the local Shoppers for example. Perhaps we'll see this expand to vaccinations for kids. Unless I'm missing something about getting a vaccination shot vs a flu shot.
Suppose it may depend how far the health unit is from said small town, people are only willing to give a lift so far when someone asks.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:35 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Suppose it may depend how far the health unit is from said small town, people are only willing to give a lift so far when someone asks.
Very true, one would like to think that as it's for kids, someone would be more willing.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 12:02 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus

The health unit is a hours drive away. She says she has no transport and probably doesn't. She also seems, er, limited, basic. Maybe it's time for the health unit to have a van and drive around the villages.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:59 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The health unit is a hours drive away. She says she has no transport and probably doesn't. She also seems, er, limited, basic. Maybe it's time for the health unit to have a van and drive around the villages.
Hmm - home visits for vaccinations.... In Canada.. I don't think that going to catch on. Maybe in the UK, where it would be "their right for a home/village visit".. Here not so much and quite rightly so. How does she get to the nearest shops?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.