Utility Scam

Old Jul 6th 2011, 3:40 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utility Scam

Originally Posted by magnumpi
...and they do operate in BC too.
The bastards.

Don't know anybody who's had contact like this thank goodness
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
The bastards.

Don't know anybody who's had contact like this thank goodness
Where I used to work they would call in every three months or so. Always came mob handed and were really unpleasant. Impervious to being told to **** off I generally had to threaten to call the Police to get rid of them.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

You're forgetting something...

the law states that there is a cooling off period. One of the items they take from you at the door is your phone number. These companies are legally required to call you to confirm that you were the one who signed the contract (this must occur within a certain number of days of the signature, I think it's 7 or 10).

So you must not only sign the contract at the door, but verbally acknowledge that you authorise the switch before the agreement is binding.

Cancelling on the phone still gives the seller at the door their commission.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:28 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Its 10 days.

Its called a reafermation call, and they ask you to say yes i signed a form for gas at the door last week.

But. When they call, you need to know its a scam to say no.

I have read that in some cases they still sign you up even if you say no, or just dont ring and go ahead any how.

Best not to let them in in the first place like james m did.