US Netflix DNS

Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:32 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Netflix DNS

You could try using tunlr

http://tunlr.net/
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:43 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeUK
You could try using tunlr
http://tunlr.net/
they are great, but sadly they stopped supporting Netflix last week which is why i started this thread.

take a look at the discussion here
http://tunlr.net/forums/topic/netfli...-been-dropped/
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
If you do this, how easy is it to switch back and forward between Canadian DNS (& Netflix), US, UK etc? For a non-techy kinda person! We get netflix through a WD Media player hardwired into the router. We also have tablets and laptops.
Isn't that complicated at all to be honest. Their website has full instructions http://support.unblock-us.com/ just type in the name of your router.

If you have other laptops then you could not bother changing the router info - and just change the settings on one of your laptops. Then you could use one for US and one for Canadian Netflix. Personally we've never needed to, or felt like we should, revert back to Canadian Netflix.

So I'm clear though: you don't need to change anything to go from US DNS to a CAN/UK when you need it. i.e. I can finish watching netflix.com or hulu.com on my laptop and type in bbc.co.uk/iplayer and get immediate access to the British content. It works it all out for you automatically.

We go to CBC.ca to watch Dragons Den then ABC.com to watch Shark Tank straight after each other haha.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:38 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marclouis
they are great, but sadly they stopped supporting Netflix last week which is why i started this thread.

take a look at the discussion here
http://tunlr.net/forums/topic/netfli...-been-dropped/
Ouch! It was a good system bit of a shame
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Leeb65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I know this thread is old, but I found a great DNS that gives a free month and after that it's only $3.99 per month. It'll allow you to watch TV from anywhere to almost anywhere. Go to Unotelly.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

ronaldoooo is a jewel in the roughronaldoooo is a jewel in the roughronaldoooo is a jewel in the roughronaldoooo is a jewel in the rough

Just change your dns settings! DNS stands for domain name server - this is a computer that converts the name you type into the search bar into numbers a computer can read. So for example, type www.google.com in the search bar - this gets sent to a DNS and converted to four 3 digit numbers - i.e 123.123.54.155 and then sent back to you. Normally the company you get the internet from is also your DNS, but this can be easily changed.

Visit youtube, there is always someone posting a video with up-to-date free dns settings. There is no need to pay for it. There are no hidden charges, no bandwidth fees...nothing. And if you have a ps3 or xbox it is very easy to change the dns settings.

Last edited by ronaldoooo; Feb 20th 2013 at 5:57 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 6:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
Isn't that complicated at all to be honest. Their website has full instructions http://support.unblock-us.com/ just type in the name of your router.

If you have other laptops then you could not bother changing the router info - and just change the settings on one of your laptops. Then you could use one for US and one for Canadian Netflix. Personally we've never needed to, or felt like we should, revert back to Canadian Netflix.

So I'm clear though: you don't need to change anything to go from US DNS to a CAN/UK when you need it. i.e. I can finish watching netflix.com or hulu.com on my laptop and type in bbc.co.uk/iplayer and get immediate access to the British content. It works it all out for you automatically.

We go to CBC.ca to watch Dragons Den then ABC.com to watch Shark Tank straight after each other haha.
Yep, I coped with setting it up too,, we have two laptops, a Wii and tablet on the network. Somehow the BB C knows we aren't in the uk though for the tablet.

PS, to co from Netflix USA to UK do you have to register and pay twice?? If I try to access the UK one I end up back on the USA one.

Last edited by bats; Feb 20th 2013 at 6:55 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:13 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Yep, I coped with setting it up too,, we have two laptops, a Wii and tablet on the network. Somehow the BB C knows we aren't in the uk though for the tablet.

PS, to co from Netflix USA to UK do you have to register and pay twice?? If I try to access the UK one I end up back on the USA one.
I use a VPN and switch to the UK or US IP address and Netflix knows which country the IP is from, works fine, cost, $26 a year. You pay for one netflix account and log in, Netflix determines where you are by the IP address (using a VPN). With a VPN, no need to change the DNS on anything.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:08 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
I use a VPN and switch to the UK or US IP address and Netflix knows which country the IP is from, works fine, cost, $26 a year. You pay for one netflix account and log in, Netflix determines where you are by the IP address (using a VPN). With a VPN, no need to change the DNS on anything.
We have unblock us. I can't log on to the uk one, it just takes me back to the US site. Not quite sure what you mean, sorry, can you clarify please?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

i use vpn one click on my iphone and ipad, was $10 a year, and you can pick lots of countries to get an ip address from, so i can easy switch between iplayer etc.. and netflix from any country that has it. they also have pc versions
Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:15 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

We have unblock us. I can't log on to the uk one, it just takes me back to the US site. Not quite sure what you mean, sorry, can you clarify please?
We use that. We find no need to log into the UK Netflix so use the US one. It does seem to allow use of BBC iPlayer and 4 On Demand too which is odd, but welcome.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:42 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I know this is probably a silly question but once you've changed unblockUS from the US to the UK you are pressing the 'update' beside the country aren't you? works every time for me
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:16 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Tangram
We use that. We find no need to log into the UK Netflix so use the US one. It does seem to allow use of BBC iPlayer and 4 On Demand too which is odd, but welcome.
Works for us too, I understood that VPN changed countries as you changed the site you logged onto. Have used it for Australia too.

Originally Posted by bananahammock
OK, I know this is probably a silly question but once you've changed unblockUS from the US to the UK you are pressing the 'update' beside the country aren't you? works every time for me
Not a silly question, see above, but am just going to try it now,
Ok, I don't have an Unblockus icon. Need to look into this.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:18 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Works for us too, I understood that VPN changed countries as you changed the site you logged onto. Have used it for Australia too.

Not a silly question, see above, but am just going to try it now,
Ok, I don't have an Unblockus icon. Need to look into this.
Possibly the DNS but I'm not a network guy.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:45 pm
limey party pooper

Thanks, am all sorted now. I went to the home page and changed location. I can watch itv again too so am a happy bunny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.